Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Will an Aimpoint mount hold a torch like a Surefir or Ultrafire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will an Aimpoint mount hold a torch like a Surefir or Ultrafire?

I'm looking at getting a Surefire type weaponlight (most probably just an Ultrafire) and sticking it on my RIS. I'm looking at the costs involved in buying everything (light, battery, charger, tail switch and mount) separately vs. as a package, so I'm wondering if one of the mount rings from an Aimpoint red dot (of which I have four for some reason) would do the trick and hold a torch such as a fairly standard Ultrafire.

Thanks in advance.
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Re: Will an Aimpoint mount hold a torch like a Surefir or Ultrafire?

Just for reference (in case anyone else ever searches and finds this thread) the answer is: 'no.'

The sort of mounts you find on an Aimpoint are 30mm and torches like Ultrafire are generally 25mm.

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Normal scope rings will though, I know I use my taclight with scope rings cos Im a tight fisted bas*ard. :D
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

That's true. 'Sniper' type scope rings are generally 25mm. There's no need to buy a special torch mount, just use 25 scope mounts like Seansamurai and I do!

Comment

Surefire weapon lights and even reps come with mounts on anyway........ sorry if i missed the point lol
          Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

Ultrafires don't, and that's what I was buying.

Comment

Ah right ok my bad
              Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Longshot Find out more about Longshot
              Working...
              X