M4 internals upgrade project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 internals upgrade project

Hi guys, looking to upgrade my M4/SR16's internals. I've already got a G&P motor installed, I'm looking to get a Madbull 450mm 6.03 TBB and an amazing hop unit.

I'm looking to upgrade as much as I can in the gearbox.

Anyone got any suggestions on what hop unit I should get, and what internals I'll need to pimp my gearbox? I'm relatively new to internal upgrading, so a list of the essential upgrades, and the best of them would be great.

Cheers, FPSEngland
    Originally posted by FPSEngland
    The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Re: M4 internals upgrade project

Hop units all do the same job, it;s in the rubber/ nub and the setup mate!

What do you want out of it? More energy? More rate of fire?
    Buy my stuff!

Comment

It's not just about buying parts and wacking them in, it's about the reasearch before hand, From this you will learn what parts people like and dislike for specific reasons and tips on tuning the gun with some simple mods as well. , I presume you want a higher rof and about 340fps?

Shs
      Terminusx

My preference

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crude Skinny B View Post
        It's not just about buying parts and wacking them in, it's about the reasearch before hand, From this you will learn what parts people like and dislike for specific reasons and tips on tuning the gun with some simple mods as well. , I presume you want a higher rof and about 340fps?

Shs
        Terminusx

My preference
        Higher ROF and 350FpS. I'm also looking to get the most range I can. (This is a select-fire sniper rifle project)

Here's the list so far

Madbull Ultimate 3-in-1 Hop unit
        Madbull Black Python 455mm V2 Tight Bore Barrel
        Element MAX Torque Piston and Gear Set

On the Look out for an M110 full tune up kit (M110 spring, N-B Nozzle, V2 N-B Cylinder Head, V2 Spring Guide, Piston Head, Oil less Bearing, Polished chrome*N-B Cylinder TYPE-1.)

And one last question: Bearings bushings or shims?
        Originally posted by FPSEngland
        The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by FPSEngland View Post

And one last question: Bearings bushings or shims?
          All of the above. You need the bushings (aka bearings) to attach the gears to the gearbox shell) and you need the shims space the gears out properly. Go for metal bushings.
          Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Bearings - Ball bearing that produce less friction for smoother running gears but under high stress can blow out (not often but it happens.) Slightly more expensive.

Bushings- Solid metal construction that produces more friction than bearings but they will not fail. Cheaper.

Under 350 FPS bearings wouldn't be a problem.

Shims are needed in conjunction with one of the above to hold the gears securely in place and to ensure they are all meshing correctly. If you are going to carry out work on your own gun i highly recommend you watch a shimming video on YouTube to give yourself an idea.

Comment

I go for rof and swear by solid bushings unless your happy
              To spend £30+ on kanzens ceramics.
              Seeing as your not going for rof anywill do.

Comment

G&P m120
                Chinese gears... ( why? easy cheap and with high rof high fps the stress is high, so unless u want to spend $100 on riot CNC gears thats best)
                piston? bogo TM piston, reason being is its soft and the teeth slowly strip instead of a poly one where it just smashes
                spring, m110
                bearing piston head any will do tbh / bearing spring guide
                hop and barrel, the most important parts madbull 6.03 python barrel and madbull hopunit
                trigger unit any
                Cylinder systema teflon is good
                cylinder head any?
                air nozzle same again any
                tappet plate.. again any
                if u want to be An*% bearings for sector and spur and bushing for the bevel

now tips and tricks
                polishing is your friend, polish gearbox shell and flat face gears
                O-rings get silicon spray and put it with your O-rings in a tub then heat this will make them swell
                Grease for gears Systema gear greese for piston/ cylinder Abby geese and lots lots of it, as for gears only a little, when you put the gearbox back together fire it and fire the acesss grese out this will give the best compression
                AOE of the piston is very important get some washers and glue them to cylinder head to space the piston so that it engages the sector gear ( puting washers on piston increase s stress)
                short stroke about 1 tooth off sector and 2 off the piston
                when putting the hop and barrel together put grease on the barrel then when in place PTFE tape makes no air leek
                if you need a little bit more or less fps change the hop-unit spring ( pushing it against gearbox) increase or decrease air leek

on my m16 i reach up to 450ish fps on a m100 the reason was the compression and that fact that the barrel was 6.01 and really long but anyway.. the better the compression the weaker the spring needs to be the less stress you have on the gearbox, the weaker the spring the higher the FPS. this is ofc the perfect option but takes lots of time..

the same as all that however can be done simply with a big spring m120, ( make it do 340-350 fps) then put a good motor in a G&P m120 and a big big battery.. or 3 in my case ( 24v )

but for 1 secound do not get into your head ( as many do) my $400 internals can beat your $50 internals. no the $50 internals will shoot the same sound the same the only different being what breaks fastest, but if a gear set costs $10 so what? ( with the only expection that i havn't broken being Riots Gears from Airsoft mechanics forum) its all about TLC lots and lots of TLC and if u ever need help there are plenty of people here and guides online.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FPSEngland Airsofter, Music Producer, Semi-Professional Gamer. I'm boring, you see. Find out more about FPSEngland
                Working...
                X