Crazy idea invoving an Are/ Star 338 rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy idea invoving an Are/ Star 338 rifle

Just had a crazy idea, i was thinking, would it be posible to convert an ares 338 to fire .22 lead air rifle pellets and to be able to cycle them from the mag, whilst getting about 10 psi. Before anyone asks, no it not for airsofting, but to create a custom air rifle for s**ts and giggles. Any ideas how one would go about doing it, leaving aside any legalities.

Re: Crazy idea invoving an Are/ Star 338 rifle

Buy a multi shot air rifle, and mod the .338 stock to fit.

In fact... PM me, I have a CO2 air rifle, that is ideal for plinking, looks VSRish, the air rifle rotary magazine is housed in a real looking magazine.

But converting an Airsoft gun to air rifle is impossible.
    Selling:
    ISAF Tan patches, Union Jack Desert Patches Red Dot Sight, SR25 and M4 HiCaps.

Comment

Save your money and buy a decent air rifle like the one above, and then fit a warrior L96 stock.

If you are adament on using an airsoft gun you would need to replace the entire inner barrel to a 22 caliber, and use the Hop only to hold the pellet in place. No idea how you would pressurise the whole thing that high...
      King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
      https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

guess i'll just be modding a stock then, cheers anyway, i did say it was a crazy idea tho

Comment

There is so many things wrong with this. Save your money and just buy an air rifle if thats what you like.

A 500fps airsoft gun shoots at around 2.5J, the legal limit for air rifles is 16J.

Now, I personally think you are going about this the wrong way. My idea is:

Say a Pre Charged Pneumatic (PCP) multi shot air rifle can produce 80 shots at 16J, with great consistency. Now if I could dial down the power to lets say 2J, I could get a very very consistent PCP airsoft sniper rifle....
          Selling:
          ISAF Tan patches, Union Jack Desert Patches Red Dot Sight, SR25 and M4 HiCaps.

Comment

Good luck finding a site that will allow its use. Some sites will not allow it purely on principle.
            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Just buy the smk xs78. Then get the target rifle stock from America. A fairly inexpensive, but awesome looking gun

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gorilla Not unless your a signatory to the official secrets act Find out more about gorilla
              Working...
              X