Slide Chroming Help Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Chroming Help Needed!

Hello all, I have purchased an ASG Glock 17, which is an outstanding piece of kit. Fantastic Range, Easily Adjustable Hop and Good FPS, straight out of the box. I am looking to chrome the top slide of the gun as it is metal, and I think this would look good with the Black plastic lower body.

My dad reckons I should just remove the black paint with a paint remover called nitromorse? I was wondering if this is the best option, and if there are any more options I should look at.

All help will be appreciated and I will post pics if needed.

Thanks in advance, Jack
    If you ain't first, your last!

Re: Slide Chroming Help Needed!

Well there is the option of buffering the metal slide to a polished finish to save the hassle of chroming it after taking the paint off?

Comment

Originally posted by TM Sniper View Post
      Well there is the option of buffering the metal slide to a polished finish to save the hassle of chroming it after taking the paint off?
      How would this be done? I was thinking of a wire brush attachment on the end of the angle grinder, but was thinking it may be too aggressive.

Thanks, Jack

Comment

I buffed the paint off mine with a dotco airtool then used grades of sand paper up to 2000 grit then 4 grades of aluminium polish and a finishing polish, a few hours work but this was the result

Comment

Originally posted by steven seagull View Post
          I buffed the paint off mine with a dotco airtool then used grades of sand paper up to 2000 grit then 4 grades of aluminium polish and a finishing polish, a few hours work but this was the result
          Thats exactly what I want! Thanks Dude!

Comment

How did you get on mate?
            I've just done this if you need help still?
            My iTrader:
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=103714

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jack.Murnin Jack Murnin. 19 Years Old. From Northern Ireland and been playing airsoft for just over two years :) Find out more about Jack.Murnin
            Working...
            X