JG Dragunov Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG Dragunov Upgrades

I have a JG Dragunov and I'm thinking about upgrading it.
    I don't have the money to get all of the parts right now but I plan to get all of the pieces together over time, however I don't know what parts I should get first and which ones are appropriate for my gun and what I want to do.
    My primary aim is to improve its quality and durability, make it more accurate and to make it quieter; higher FPS/ROF is really a bonus.
    Can you please recommend the parts I should get and say what the best make of these parts is.
    Many thanks,

Re: JG Dragunov Upgrades

Well you've got a V3 gearbox so that's a start for buying bits. I'd advise waiting till something breaks in there before opening it up.

To start off with go for a decent tightbore barrel around the 6.03-6.04 range, coupled with a good hop rubber like a guarder clear. Those two will boost your fps a bit, but more noticeably your range and accuracy if you install them well.

For the gearbox, not much point in randomly changing components, obviously there are performance gains to be had but it depends on how much you care about having shiny shiny bits hidden away in there.

To start with for more rof, I'd look at getting a high speed/ high torque motor from SHS or the like and coupling that with a 7.4v lipo.

I'd get the fps of your rifle checked as I had one of these years ago and it was firing 390fps out of the box!

TL;DR-

1- Tightbore + good hop rubber for more range.
    2- Better motor + 7.4v lipo for better rof/ trigger response.
    3- Wait until something goes tits up in the mechbox before you crack it open to upgrade it.
    Buy my stuff!

Comment

Whats the best hop to get?
      I've heard quite good things about the Guarder one, but there's also one by Firefly that's supposed to be good

Comment

I've always used the guarder clear ones with good results. The firefly rubbers are supposed to be pretty decent, but I've never had the motivation to spend close to £20 on a little bit of rubber tubing, so I couldn't tell you first hand!
        Buy my stuff!

Comment

Thanks for the help,
          One more thing though, sometimes when I fire in semi auto the trigger locks like its gone into safety and I have to change it into fully auto or safety to make it work again, it's not a missive issue realy it's just an annoyance, but am I right in believing an active breaking MOSFET would help solve this? And if it is, whats the best one out there?

Comment

If it's overspin causing it then yeah, a passive braking mosfet will sort it out. I can't help with what mosfet to get I'm afraid as I build all my simple mosfets from scratch.
            Buy my stuff!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheWere-Donkey Find out more about TheWere-Donkey
            Working...
            X