Collapse

how the hell does a dynatec delay work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how the hell does a dynatec delay work?

You can imagine the scene... Somebody asks you what the actual mechanism is inside a dynatec to give the delay before firing, and a lengthy discussion/argument between you and your mayes ensues over how it "might" work but no definitive answer.

Anyone know how it works?? I cant find any pictures or any disassembly vids.

I believe its a mechanical delay, but not a dashpot, and there certainly isnt any gears/cogs in it, I also found something called a bullet valve but i cant figure out how it works. (weak googlefu).

before you reply (many thanks for any input), im not after "the firing pin activates a delay mechanism and then hits the blank" i get the basic idea, i want technical details!!

Re: how the hell does a dynatec delay work???

Its a kinda magic . , ,

Actually i have wondered this also
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Pretty sure it depends on the slow entry of air past the compressed piston.

When the firing pin/piston is depressed via the push rod, the piston is forced down against a strong spring slowly expelling the air beneath the piston.
      When the piston is released the spring tries to push the piston up, but can't do it quickly until air has replaced the partial vacumn beneath it. - This is the delay.
      As the piston reaches towards the top of the piston chamber it widens allowing the air to fill the vacumn and the piston/firing pin to fly upwards hitting the blank.

Its a triumph of simplicity and clever quality engineering.

Comment

I'm sure there are some engineers on the forum who could share an opinion or two.

I think it may involve revolving cams on a spring or something similar.

So as you push down to set it, and let the pin out a cam revolves up a screw pushed by a spring which acts as the timer then maybe releases the pin when it spins x amount of times??

I'm not expert but that's how I would imagine it. My way of explaining might not probably be how I am imagining it but my best shot.

Comment

There seems to be a bit of a delay on this thread ....

Comment

big spring and o ring pressure

Comment

big spring and o ring pressure

Comment

Blank fired it sounds like compressed air and friction is involved somewhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjvw4gk4QjQ

Comment

Kejot has posted the correct answer.

/thread

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Els357 Find out more about Els357
                  Working...
                  X