sa80 dd rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sa80 dd rail

Just fitted the above rail, where should i fit the battery? in the body?
    what battery will fit, would prefer lipo!

What make is it?

There are only 2 options really without going into battery bags or PEQ boxes.

1) remove gas parts and put it under the lid.
    2) under the barrel between the securing screw/front sight block and the front of the reciever.

Both of those options though need a precise size lipo though.

Comment

Re: sa80 dd rail

would it not fit inside the body (lower receiver). anyone have any idea of what battery would fit?

Comment

Depends on the make mate.

The two that I know of,
        ICS 100% no because of their trigger mech design
        Ares possibly, but hell what a ball ache that would be to remove everytime you want to charge it.

Cant link the image as it has retailer markings all over it, but I had a 7.4v 1450mah cranestock lipo comfortably sat under the lid of both Madbull and Hornbill RIS, but that was with gas parts removed on both, it would have sat under the barrel with ease.

Before I sold mine I looked at the same style but a 2200 mah lipo for under the barrel, but that would have been tighter than a ducks chuff

Comment

I have a AA L85 with a RS rail fitted. Here's where I put the battery.

7.4v 1200mah fits at a squeeze, 800mah fits with loads of room.
          Any further help I can be pm me.
          "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

I have the G&G so the same as yours keith, also have a real steel ris fitted. looks perfect thanks alot!

thanks for all the help

Comment

A 1300mAh 'crane stock' LiPo slides into the cross sections nicely.

Comment

do you have any photos panoptes? like the idea of it in the body as its completly hidden

Comment

Good luck doing that. It's possible but why, when you can fit it in the horizontal cross sections.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonnyhal Find out more about jonnyhal
                  Working...
                  X