Elcan spectre wobbling on rail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elcan spectre wobbling on rail?

My elcan spectre sight is a little loose on the rail of my TM SCAR, VFC SSR and WE SCAR L and I am wondering if there is a way to tighten it up? When in the locked position on the rails it has a couple of mm give so wobbles whenever I'm moving or - annoyingly - when firing the recoil guns.

Ive had a look and can't see what I need to do to reduce this give, if there even is a way to do so.

Can any other Spectre owners give me some advice and help me out?

Thanks,

Dan
    Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Re: Elcan spectre wobbling on rail?

a little electrical tape thickens the rail, two strips lengthways

Comment

On mine, there are two thicknesses of the locking tabs because the pin is not central to a symmetrical shape.

Locking the scope on with the tabs in one direction offers less securing effort than putting the tabs in the other direction. Also, with the sight removed from the gun and held upside down, can you see a small shim at each of the tabs inside the rail? If these are missing or damaged you will have more freeplay with the sight on the rail.

Comment

I have the same sight and the same problem, I used some electrical tape on my to pack it out a bit as well but its not perfect and has worn down so will need to be replaced. Annoying when its an expensive sight and the most important part of it doesnt work!

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
          a little electrical tape thickens the rail, two strips lengthways
          ^ This.

Tolerances on the rail clamp are shite.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DanBeresford One of the founding members of the Anzio Immortals. http://www.youtube.com/user/AnzioImmortals Find out more about DanBeresford
          Working...
          X