Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Fitting the Ares UGL to ICS/WE L85A2 (step by step walkthrough)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting the Ares UGL to ICS/WE L85A2 (step by step walkthrough)

Hello everyone! After many requests ive finally gave in! So heres the step by step walk-through on how to modify the UGL to fit!

!!!ATTENTION!!!
    If you follow these steps then you will be modifying your rifle and ugl,
    i take no Liability for any damage to parts or rifle if you fuck it up!
    !!!ATTENTION!!!

Tools you will need/will help make it easier to fit:

An appropriate screwdriver
    (dependent on what type of screws you use)

A File
    (for removing small amounts of plastic)

*optional* A dremel
    (to help remove /shape the plastic)

An old soldering iron
    (one you don't mind getting covered in plastic)

2 screws
    (make sure these are the right width, these will be cut to length once you have threaded the holes)

A drill with Right size drill bit
    (make sure it match's the size of your screws)

Step 1:
    First off make sure you have the above, you will also need:

ICS/WE L85A2 (with hand guard removed)

UGL

UGL Mounting bracket with the appropriate bolt that came with the UGL
    (the black bit next to all the screws, as you can see im
    having to use an improvised bolt as i bought the launcher S/H
    without the right bolt)

Step 2:

You will need to melt/file/dremel the UGL mounting bracket to size, make sure it fits tightly over the part on the rifle, this will make sure there is 100% no wobble!

Step 3:

You will need to re-drill the holes on the bracket to fit the ones on the front mount of your rifle, this can be done with a drill or with the soldering iron, make sure you place the mounting bracket on your rifle and match the holes correctly. also make sure now that the screws fit and thread inside the holes on your rifle front bracket.

Step 4:

now cut your screws to length and screw them into place, make sure your UGL mounting bracket is fully over the Rifle mounting bracket and that there is no wobble! small adjustments to the mount bracket may be needed! you will notice there is a very small gap between the bracket and your lower reciever, there is no fix for this, you wont even notice once you have the UGL fitted!

Step 5:

you can see that the gas plug on the ICS has a flat part, The WE does not so you will need to remove more plastic than on the ICS, make sure that the flat part is facing up despite the fact it doesn't click in, it wont fall out so don't panic! You will now need to remove a small amount of plastic from the flip open panel on the UGL, this will make sure it rests over the gas plug instead of pushing down on it! You can now check the launcher fits and make small adjustments to the flip open panel to make sure it fits over properly!

Step 6:

You can now place the bolt through the mounting bracket and secure the UGL!

Now you can look kick ass, and use the best AEG L85A2 on the market!

You have now fitted the UGL to the Best AEG L85A2 out on the market! Give yourself a pat on the back and give this thread some loving! If you have any problems or think ive missed some information out then please don't hesitate to drop me a Private message! I hope you all found this explained it clearly and the steps were easy enough to follow!

Many thanks, Doom!

Owner of DCS
    (Doom custom shooters)
    PM me for Custom work!

Re: Fitting the Ares UGL to ICS/WE L85A2 (step by step walkthrough)

Please wait for pictures, forum didnt allow them to attach properly, thanks for your patience, Doom

Owner of DCS
    (Doom custom shooters)
    PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Cheers mate!
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread, just wondering if the pictures are still availiable?

Am having problems searching for mods to mount the UGL to my ICS L85a2

Comment

Bumping the old thread again. Same problem here, are the pictures still availiable. Getting an error when i press the attachments.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Doombull3t A small town fellow, joined the army at a young age, enjoy anything that means I can shoot the hell out of people and cause misery and pain to all :P I also enjoy the occasional brew! Find out more about Doombull3t
          Working...
          X