Upgrading the TM L96 aws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading the TM L96 aws

I'm considering buying a Tokyo Marui L96 and was wondering how easy it is to upgrade and what parts it's compatible with?

For example, what kind of spring does it take? (must be a weird one because the piston is shorter than on the other L96's due to the realistic placement of the mag)

And if I want it to shoot at 500fps, do I absolutely need to upgrade other components as well as the spring?

Thanks!
    sigpic

Re: Upgrading the TM L96 aws

ALWAYS upgrade on triggers.
    I've used a Laylax zero trigger. But this was for a Mauser L96. But I surely can vouch for laylax ability to hold on 500fps springs like cake.
    That will take a lot, and i mean a lot of spring to put it down, the trigger pull is really light, very realistic and satisfying feeling when you pull a pdi/laylax trigger.

Also, I'd put a decent hopup in there, preferably a PDI with a hard bucking, (Not sure what bucking, haven't had time to play around with the different makes)

Spring wise...
    You can use a PDI AWS spring. But they have a bigger diameter (so i've heard) and only work with PDI cylinders, which are a bit pricey. ($100 avg)
    Just shop around for AWS springs. (For a guideline i think PDI 130 springs shoot at around 430ish, so go a bit higher)

Seriously fun to upgrade bolties.
    But it takes a bit of work perfecting everything to squeeze every last drop of performance out of the thing.

Good luck with getting a TM L96, I envy you.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
    Working...
    X