Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading you gun...a start...newbie help please

Hi everyone

I thought I would start a bit of a general thread born out help I need to upgrade my AGM 416.

I bought this as a bit of a project, something cheap and nice that I could over time upgrade cosmetically initially and then move on to the internals.

Im aware that these cheaper guns often benefit from internal upgrades, and its my plan that I can learn alot along the way in terms of maitenance and tinkering about.

Unfortunately my time upgrading this weapon has been very dissapointing. I have invested in a few upgrade parts and have had no luck in fitting them and this has honestly knocked my confidence in progressing any further.

So far I have not been able to a G16 grip and a torrid time trying to attach a grip to may RIS, and i thought that would be very easy. The grip wouldnt fit the motor properly and the grip was to tight and snapped off just trying to put it on.

My thoughts are that you have to be very specific in selecting your part to fit your gun, even though i presumed that M4/M16's and even the 416 would be pretty compatiable with an array of aftermarked products.

So in conclusion what advice is there for a newbie who wants to modify his weapon?

The next item i am considering is a silencer. how do i work out which one will fit?

Thank you for taking time to read this post and answer any questions. Like i said i hope that this post could become a resource for us newbies who need help in progressing with modifying there gun

Cheers

Ian

Re: Upgrading you gun...a start...newbie help please

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9251

Stickyed in the AEG tech forum, just above this one

Comment

Thanks mate, thats a very useful thread.

Any ideas then on how i can work out which extras will fit my gun?

Which grip and silencer should i be looking for to fit?

Comment

Any 14mm threaded one will fit, that's the standard thread size. You will need to find out if your thread is clockwise or anticlockwise though, unless you buy a silnecer with both (one on each end).

As for the motor grip, anything TM compatable will work.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sunburnthammer Find out more about sunburnthammer
        Working...
        X