Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Ultrafire 18650 3200mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-ion Battery mod to airsoft battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrafire 18650 3200mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-ion Battery mod to airsoft battery?

I was talking to a friend last night about my airsoft batteries and he said why do you have a go at making one!

He suggested the above battery, obviously tape 2 together solder + - and put a deans on end and charge as a lipo.

Any one done this?

And for £4 for 2 batteries... It probably worth a try??

Si

Sent from my Si-Pad using Tapatalk HD
    sigpic

A lipo is lithium polymer (?) so I wouldn't charge it as a lipo?

I've often wondered why we don't use different batteries. Is it me or are normal Nimh batteries just made from cr123a batteries?

Comment

I thought that too. Flip it Im gonna try it! Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
      sigpic

Comment

Re: Ultrafire 18650 3200mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-ion Battery mod to airsoft battery?

Lipo batteries arent actually Lipo, the are Lithium Polymer Ion - the pure polymer paste isnt that efficient at the moment and as such they do include a bit of the gel one finds in a lithium ion battery - give it a go charging that up, do you know the max charging current of the cells you are using? It's probably wise to fit a JST-XH balance connector and charge the cells that way.

Whatever you do - do it outside, away from anything flammable!!!!
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Re: Ultrafire 18650 3200mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-ion Battery mod to airsoft battery?

18650 now iirc they are 3 cell and most have a built in monitoring chip so they dont deep discharge and switch off automaticaly also, to charge them properly you need to monitor each cell thats why on 3s lipo batterys there is usualy 4 cables to monitor each cell connected to the + side of the cell, as well as over all voltage as it is dangerous when one cell charges quicker or slower than another it will caus the cell to charge/discharge the cell next to it, i would do a lot more research before soldering 2 18650 as ive heard in the torches that use 2 have exploded and gone off like bullets due to the problem of not being able to monitor all the cells that are used as one so called whole battery

Comment

couldnt edit the above but from my reading they are full cells and are similar to lipo's but are infact LI-ION and still require the same monitoring as lipos when cells are connected anyway sorry about that but please do research it fully this is just my 2 pence worth

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

desolation91 Simon Find out more about desolation91
            Working...
            X