Project OA93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project OA93

Came across this Olympic Arms AR pistol variant and liked the look so decided to build one. Requirements I wanted: accurate as possible, simple construction, internal battery & relatively cheap parts.

OA93 small.jpg

Body is currently a CA M15A4 plastic one with railed top - I had this already and the rail can be removed, chopped and refitted making it ideal (most if not all metal bodies have the top rail as part of the upper AFAIK).
    I have found (KA) metal bodies with Olympic Arms markings but they are expensive and would need the top rail machining off.
    I emailed (the real steel company) Olympic Arms for the dimensions of the knurled handguard tube and actually got a response! It's 3 11/16" long and 2" od.

Outer barrel is a chopped down M4 type. Gearbox, grip and mag etc will be standard stuff. All the rest I will custom machine.

This is what I have as now, parts are mostly just push fit together ATM; gas tube section is ally tube & bar, the recoil block is polyurethane for ease of machining.
    The rear section of the gas tube is (inaccurately) thicker as this will partially house the 8.4v stick battery along with the recoil block.
    Handguard finished, knurling is a little finer than I wanted but i'm pleased with it.

OA93 wip2.jpg

SAS

Re: Project OA93

Here it is with the major externals completed, still need to make a plate for the rear of the recoil block to cover up where the battery is inserted and fit the top rail. Cocking handle also needs doing.
    Then it's a case of fitting all the internals, doing the wiring & setting it up to make it shoot.
    Muzzle is a cheap phantom replica off the 'bay.

OA93 wip3.jpg

SAS

Comment

I don't actually like the design itself, but I like what you've done to make it!

Very good looking work.
      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Very impressive!
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Finished!

Gearbox/motor/hop/barrel(200mm) are nothing special and a backyard test reveals it to feed fine and be reasonably accurate so overall i'm pleased with the result. More so 'cos it's a project i've actually managed to finish! (as much as these things are ever really done).

SAS
          Attached Files

Comment

funny thing is if you go get AI ( airsoft international) magazine go back about 4 months as they are making one them as well they go in full details about it too

just to let you know

Comment

Yup, someone said so on another forum - not seen it but theirs was a slightly different version and they used a PolarStar gasbox with external air line where mine is a self contained AEG.

SAS

Comment

You should put a 30rps set-up in that beast.
                What lacks in size makes up with performance.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sidewinderforge Find out more about Sidewinderforge
                Working...
                X