Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intek MT-5050, Z-tactical headset, Element Tactical PTT - Not working :(

Hi guys, I've got a bit of a situation.

I recently ordered a z-tactical headset and an element tactical PTT to go with my Intek MT-5050 radio which takes ICOM accessories.
    For some reason the PTT isn't working at all, I've stripped it and checked all the connections and it all functions identically to the flimsy little regular headset I've got (got the multimeter out) but it just won't transmit when I hold the button.

Anyone got any ideas? Had any experience with any of the above?

Re: Intek MT-5050, Z-tactical headset, Element Tactical PTT - Not working

Sometimes the 2 pin plug to the radio connection can be intermittent (often to do with the plastic outer on the plug). Does it make any difference if you hold the plug firmly in to the radio?
    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Nope, I've put it further in than it should be, pulled it out slightly, all kinds of wiggling and prodding.

The headset speaker works fine though.

Comment

Does the PTT operate the radio without the headset plugged in?
        Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Looks like it is a known problem that element/z-tactical ICOM PTTs can be iffy at best. Anyone know any alternatives that'll take a military plug headset?

No the PTT doesn't work at all with or without the headset.

Comment

Thinking this one was a bit of a lemon I've messaged the site I got it from and they've sent me another free of charge, whcih was nice of them.
            If this one fails then its either something with the headset or everything Element is just shit!

Comment

Definitely a case of you get what you pay for.

I have two Element PTTs and they're both fine. The issues people seen to have are around how they fit with other products.

Hopefully the next one will be fine.

Comment

the intek 5050 take a midland 2 pin ptt i had the same problem

checking the tinernet for a few hours found that if you use midland they work as are same size spacing but wired differently

Comment

Good call Pasty.

Comment

i had the same problem bugged the hell out of me hence spending that much time looking lol

Comment

I have a Intek MT-5050 and I want to get some MSA Sordins for a MICH helmet, so I'll need to get the PTT and the headset.. anyone care to lend me some links / help?

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

The PTT you want is the one designed for Midland. Anything that uses a military style plug that goes into the PTT will work then

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Clone1B Find out more about Clone1B
                        Working...
                        X