Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

least costly and time consuming way of locking a gun to semi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• least costly and time consuming way of locking a gun to semi?

can anybody recommend me an easy and fairly cheap way to lock my gun to semi ??? as i need to lock it for ai500 as it is firing at 380 with .2s!!! thanks JCSsharpshooter.
    sigpic

Re: least costly and time consuming way of locking a gun to semi ????

3 questions:

1: Will they allow you to use a semi-locked AEG at the higher fps? I've heard of sites that won't.
    2: Might be easier to tell you if you said what gun it was.
    3: Why do you have an AEG running that high in the first place?

Comment

Re: least costly and time consuming way of locking a gun to semi ????

How permanently do you want it semi locked?
      You could bore a small screw in behind the selector plate on the gearbox so you can only select safe or semi. Alternatively, you could cut the top edge of the selector plate so it doesn't disengage the cut-off lever, but you might need to shim the spring for that too. Either of those would be simple fixes without resorting to more significant modifications or mosfets.

Comment

Re: least costly and time consuming way of locking a gun to semi?

Or, replace the spring to bring it down to 350fps? Not going to miss 20fps I would expect!

Comment

Many sites that do allow higher FPS AEG's, require them to be physically locked off, i.e. not electronically.

If that isn't the case at the site you wish to use the gun at, there is a simple part sold by zeroone to do this electronically:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6928

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

thanks for the replys. the gun is a snow wolf barrett with an ultamate m110 gearbox. i want it permanently semi, but i would like it if i had an easy way to bring back full auto incase of a gear lock up. i like the look of the burst wizard but there is a second delay between each shot :/ would removing the selector switch count as locking it to semi ???or doing a spot weld on the body so i cant select full auto. and its 328 for aegs for ai500 so i dont really want to change the spring.
            sigpic

Comment

If you are going to lock in semi on a V2 I recommend getting a braked mosfet installed. There's a couple of ways I'd do this:

1. Cut the selector plate, if you ever need to convert it back just get a new one
              2. Screw in a little screw into the gearbox body to stop the selector plate from going all the way back

Someone out there may have a better / easier way...

Comment

would the screw weaken the gearbox in any way ?? if not that is what i will be doing. cheers
                sigpic

Comment

Cant see why it would provided you use a sensibly sized screw and dont make a pigs ear of it
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

file down the bit of the selector plate that pushes the cut off leaver and then stretch the cut off leaver spring, this will make it semi only and if you want to get it back to full auto aswell, just buy a new selector plate
                    PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Originally posted by danhc View Post
                      file down the bit of the selector plate that pushes the cut off leaver and then stretch the cut off leaver spring, this will make it semi only and if you want to get it back to full auto aswell, just buy a new selector plate
                      and strip the entire gearbox to do so, instead of just having to remove a screw?
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Alot easier than drilling into the gearbox which requires you to take it apart anyway and then tapping it which requires you to actualy own a tapping set, also personaly i would prefer not to go drilling holes into my gearbox...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk
                        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

i drilled a 5mm hole into my receiver and then forced in an m5 grub screw =) easily enough removed if needed, and can fill the hole in with some p38

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JCSsharpshooter Love anything that gets the adrenaline going. Fishing motorcross and airsoft are what I live for :D Find out more about JCSsharpshooter
                          Working...
                          X