Collapse

A proper guide to painting an airsoft gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your welcome. Like I said my line of work is slightly different to paint spraying, I can't go into detail as its MOD stuff but we work on the same principles and you have it all there. As far as ive found most guys under estimate the degreasing part, it's essential to not have anything on a surface before you prime. But like I say you've got it all there. Want a job? lol

Comment

Re: A proper guide to painting an airsoft gun

id love a job mate :P its weird as this stuff isnt on the internet =/ so it must be mod secrets! woops

Comment

LOOKS GREAT MAN!
        Surprised you didn't completely strip it tbh :S

Comment

Originally posted by mad.matt View Post
          LOOKS GREAT MAN!
          Surprised you didn't completely strip it tbh :S
          what do you mean man? paint or field strip wise?

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
            what do you mean man? paint or field strip wise?
            Field stripped wise, but then I guess makes for more masking and ruining tollerances :p

Comment

i fully field stripped it down to bare metal frames before painting :/

edit: oh hang on your not looking at the pic of it on the newspaper are you? cos that pic was taken when it was dry and i put it together to give an idea of what it looked like :P

Comment

A little update for you guys interested,

its been a week now, and some may have seen ive been having issues with this gun, luckily ive been able to prove its not the paint job so thats ok :P but that being the case the paint so far has been EXTREMELY durable, even taking this thing apart 50 times down to nothing and putting it back together again the paint is durable tough as nails and still remains a decent black colour, im so impressed with this, the paint job has long beaten an old WE 1911 i used to own which the paint flaked off in places after a couple of weeks, ive even purposely tried scratching it off with a screwdriver to test it (in a tiny patch below one of the grips) and i couldnt get it to budge so over all this is definitely the best way to paint an airsoft gun.

i used Clostermans acid etch primer in black, worked a treat and after 4 coats still had allot left over.

hope this guide is going to help lots of you wanting to do the same

Comment

Sweet! How much does it add onto the outside of components in thickness? Say if I wanted to paint an outer barrel with the stuff for example?
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Just under a millemeter if you want a decent coat

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                    Working...
                    X