X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shots per mah rating

Putting on flame proof suit now........

Hey guys,
    ive tried searching for this but i cant phrase it right in the search so im not getting the answer i need. Basically waaaaaaaaaay back when i started, i recall someone telling me, with regards to ni-cd or ni mh batteries, roughly for every 1 mah you get roughly 2 shots so if your battery is 1000mah you will get 2000 shots out of it before it runs outta juice. What id like to know is, as i am about to step into the modern world of lipo, does it equate the same or do lipos have some magic that makes them last longer/shorter? I know i have phrased this like a child but i know nothing of the science of the battery so im not sure the 2 shots for every 1 mah is even true. Please be gentle with responses and leave out the sarcastic comments as this is a genuine question. Will i get more play time out of a 7.4 1600mah lipo than out of an 8.4 1600mah ni mh?

Re: Shots per mah rating

You should get 1 shot per 1 mah generally. A NI-MH will have a gradual power drop off as it gets lower whereas a LI-PO will have a constant output then suddenly drop off (This is where you stop using it and recharge.), Thats all there is to it really.
    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crimeblitz Zombie Death Squad - Team Founder Find out more about crimeblitz
    Working...
    X