Radio connector question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio connector question

Dont know if this is the right place to ask, but here we go ( please admins if this is the wrong place please feel free to remove or to move)

i have a kenwood/icom 2 pin headset, and unfortunately i have a motorola radio ( atm ), does anyone know of any 2 pin to 2 pin adaptors, from 8mm to 6 mm clearance...

to try and make sense of this i will attempt to draw a picture

------L_>8mm<_i needs to be ------L_>6mm<_i

not the best but hope someone else out there knows what i am on about......if anyone knows of anywhere i can get one, or even what they are called, i would be greatful
    'Why did you shoot him 13 times?'
    'The browning mag only holds 13 rounds sir.'

awesome quote
    Originally posted by Hawke
    Be aware - from some people, a pat on the back is sometimes a recce as to where to put the knife in at a later date.

Re: Radio connector question

Which do you have? Icom and Kenwood connectors are wired differently.

Motorola and Icom have the speaker on the 3.5mm, Kenwood have the microphone on the 3.5mm.

The distance between the centre of the pins are:

Motorola - 8mm
    Icom - 10mm
    Kenwood- 12mm

Comment

is this for a ptt or a headset with built in connector

Comment

sorry for the confusion, i have a icom one, it is a one piece headset and ptt, pins only have single bands, large pin is headset....
        'Why did you shoot him 13 times?'
        'The browning mag only holds 13 rounds sir.'

awesome quote
        Originally posted by Hawke
        Be aware - from some people, a pat on the back is sometimes a recce as to where to put the knife in at a later date.

Comment

I haven't heard of any adapters for 2 pin to 2 pin you might be better off investing in a seperate ptt and headset

Comment

If that's the case, then another option is separate extension leads.
            Get or make a 3.5mm extension and a 2.5mm one - there should be enough room for you to connect them side-by-side.

Comment

I don't think they exist. I had Motorola headsets but bought a H777 radio that takes the kenwood headsets, so I just ordered a new headset off of the bay from hong long for a few £'s an it works fine.

You could cut the plug off and re solder but for the price of a new one I'd just buy one.
              I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rednaxelaa pain distributer Find out more about Rednaxelaa
              Working...
              X