Hop Unit Build Help ( pictures )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop Unit Build Help ( pictures )

Hi there. I am building a hop unit as it came all seperate. I have it built up but I was wondering what this thread is for ? It goes into the hop unit and the only thing that I can think of is that it locks the arm in place or something like that ?

MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Re: Hop Unit Build Help ( pictures )

Normal hop units have a nub with a spring on, pro win hop ups have this screw thread. I assume you can just use a biro pen spring on it, thats what i have done with mine. Maybe the screw can be loosened/tightened to optimise the hop up's location inside the upper receiver/outer barrel.
    Originally posted by Hawk
    The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

Ok cool, does it need to be spring loaded ? I assume that it does to keep it from rattling about ? Biro spring..... good thinking

Comment

is that not just simply for spacing? when you stick it in the upper receiver in butts up against that?
        Mitch

Comment

the spring is designed to keep a constant pressure on the hopup pushing it back into the air nozzle. You'd have to do a fair bit of trial and error using the grub screw method.

Comment

Finished !!

Comment

Oooo, such a pretty hop unit - ordering one when the student loan gets here
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                Oooo, such a pretty hop unit - ordering one when the student loan gets here
                No need to waste good drinking money from your student loan :D They are not expensive, this cost me around £20 including P&P

Comment

Haha, i'd agree with you but ive just bought the parts to rebuild my gearbox, and i intend to buy a tightbore, this hop unit and a cheapo free float RIS for my m4, so the beer money will have to be dug into for some of it!

Oh, and probably the swanky new G&P Self retaining pins as well!

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                    Oh, and probably the swanky new G&P Self retaining pins as well!

oooooo, tell me more ??

Comment

Site in the far east has them, 8 usd.

Basically the rear pin is held in by a spring clip, you insert the pin into the lower and then fit this clip over it, it has slots to retain the pin both fully in and almost completely out of the lower. Front pin is a little more complex, basically you either need to have a receiver with the right hole or drill one perpendicular to the pin in that bit of material on the right hand side of the lower. (It's just behind where the head of the front pin sits). You then insert a spring/follower into this slot and push your pin in. The follower engages in a slot on the pin and locks itself in place fully in and out.

Rather excited, should do away with having to piss about with allen keys!

Comment

Im confused. On my both my G&P's, I just have a front and rear pin that pushes out. No allen keys needed

Comment

Cheaper guns have pins with bolts screwed into the other side as the pins are too loose (tight tolerances = higher cost of manufacture), or the pins are replaced with pins of that sort as the stock pins wear. Anyway, self retaining pins = bonus all round

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Auto Freak Find out more about Auto Freak
                          Working...
                          X