difference between 2 types of v2 switch assembely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between 2 types of v2 switch assembely

Ive come across two types of switch assembly in my time. One with the contacts on the rear that touch the selector plate, and the other kind that doesnt/doesnt have a metal end to the selector plate.

What are the function differences between these two? as i may need to replace one in a ca m15 soon as after a short, the contacts welded to the contact, and the plastic melted a little. i filed off the build up, and its all fine now, but really just wondering incase i have to change it.

No supplier advertises the difference between the two, but in some pictures you can see the difference.

Re: difference between 2 types of v2 switch assembely

The ones that dont touch the selector plate are a mechanical safety only - IE if your mechanical safety blocker fails and your trigger can be pulled, your gun will go off. I'd personally avoid them like the plague, were it not for the fact that they are generally a quarter of the price of the other ones
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

The 2 prong design acts as an electrical safety, which disconnects the battery from the motor in case the mechanical safety fails or the trigger carriage sticks for any reason. Or a massive source of heat and resistance as I like to see it. Archaic design basically. Shorting it by soldering a wire across the 2 contacts is normally fine, just be careful not to short onto the gearbox case.

Comment

thanks guys, cleared that up for me. least i know i can fit either or type in the gun and it works regardless. Classic armys entire loom and switch is £30+ where as an SHS switch is just £7.. ill use that if need be.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badger906 Find out more about badger906
        Working...
        X