Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss cheese piston

Hello,

I thought I’d start a topic about Swiss cheese pistons. Until the other day I had only done this to my high rof gun, but for no reason in particle I decided to do it to a normal AEG. I think it made quite a big difference, there is a difference in rof but not huge, but the biggest difference is the smoothness of the system. Perhaps it’s just a physiological difference due to the work involved, but I think it’s there, and I think I’m going to do this to all my pistons in future.

So does anyone else Swiss cheese their pistons in all their AEG’s?

Re: Swiss cheese piston

I have always been too scared to mess up my rifle ;p I think il buy an old piston and swiss cheese it and stick it in ye old AEG and see how she runs.

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
    Plato
    ( Anyone with a chrome TM Desert Eagle PM me now !)

Comment

well ive got a dsg that i used a shs swiss cheesed piston, but the gearbox shell didnt like it,and i ended up using a different shs piston,that i swiss cheesed

anyway i had another gearbox running a 13:1 ratio gearset on a standard pison, the piston failed,and i only had the first swiss cheesed piston which i put in,and it seems to be ok,but its not a standard aeg gearbox as it has fast gears....but i suppose i wouldnt have any objection using the swissed piston in a standard gb
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Yes for better efficiency, ill put some pictures up of various types that i have done and weights. I have a totally different method of weight reduction for DSG/Half stroke pistons
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

Would you care to share said method?
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

fat ass drill and drill loads of holes being carefull not to distroy structure of the piston... sorted.. well how i do it :D

Comment

Not ready to share a picture as it doesn't look pretty, but my method is:

I use a SHS 15tooth piston, I cut two large squares from the top, drill holes along the bottom and also the gaps in the rail. I also remove the teeth and secure the rack at the same time.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

happyal Hello Find out more about happyal
              Working...
              X