Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to make glock slide silver?

Hey people,

What's the best way to make my glock slide silver? Sanding, painting? Also if sanded would it need treating with something after sanding?

Cheers

:D

Re: Best way to make glock slide silver?

Stcik some primer on it , wait 24 hoursand just lay a few layers of silver paint on it. Simple ;p

It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
    Plato
    ( Anyone with a chrome TM Desert Eagle PM me now !)

Comment

Is it metal or plastic?

You could take it back to bare metal and treat it with a lacquer to prevent rusting or roll with Kieron's idea regardless of the material it is made from.

Comment

This might help
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=163643

Comment

Basically strip all of the internals out of the slide and remove the sights (you may not be able to refit the front sight, in which case it's aftermarket time :D (or a replacement from KWA).

Then sand the slide using a range of wet/dry papers: Start with 600, go to 1200 once all the paint is removed, then up to 2400 if you have it.

Once youve done that, get out some metal polish (brasso will do perfectly) and polish away to your hearts content!

You will need to treat it if its the stock zinc alloy (pot metal) slide - fingerprints will corrode a polished finish (discovered this on my KSC G17!)
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Thanks guys, and to answer before it is a metal slide, the glock is ksc

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomtomsatnav love airsoft! Find out more about tomtomsatnav
            Working...
            X