Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM MP5 - Adding a torch....

Hi,

I have a Mauri MP5 SD6 (big forgrip housing mini battery with a sliding stock), and would like to add a torch & pressure switch.

I guess I am going to need a new forgrip, and I dont really want the battery mounted on the outside.

During my last night game, I saw a small 1500 lumen cree torch that was way better than the one I have, and would like to attach this torch to my MP5.

Any idea on the best way for me to do this?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Re: TM MP5 - Adding a torch....

You can get a low profile rail for MP5s, but that goes on the top. Then you'll need an offset mount.
    For the SDs, though, you'd need an entire new front end to convert it.
    I have an SD6, and my current plan is to screw a rail or laser mount onto a second handguard. Mainly going to use a second one in case I screw it up.
    For info: Experimentation has shown that ICS handguards fit my TM SD6:
    http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=3214

Comment

There is an SD specific railed foregrip, but it's fugly.

I was going to suggest screwing on a rail too.
      sigpic

Comment

When I do it, I'll put it at the top, out of the way next to the fore sight and maybe run the wires inside.

Comment

There's a mount for them that's a bit like a barrel mount, but it wraps round the suppressor instead of the barrel. Not sure how realistic it is strapping a torch to a suppressor though!

Comment

Thanks for all your replies.

I have just seen the suppressor mount, & I think I could rig something up like that and it should work great. Looks aren't important, just functional is what I'm after. I can remove the silencer when installing the batter, so it can stay on there too

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KillEmAll Find out more about KillEmAll
            Working...
            X