M14 Gearbox dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 Gearbox dimensions

Not sure if this is the right place for this but anyway, would anyone have the dimensions to an M14 gearbox, need to know for a custom project I'm planning. I need things like height, width, depth and the size of the cutout underneath the cylinder/infront of the gears to workout if it will be fit for the propose I'm looking it for. Thanks

Re: M14 Gearbox dimensions

sorry but custom projects or anyone serious about it would go out and get a v7 gearbox..

Comment

Thats a fair point but i dont want to go out and buy a gearbox only to find it doesnt find in the space I needed in :/

Comment

what is it your going to be using it for?
        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Basically im going to take a DE M56DL (Benelli M1014) and make it into an aeg shotgun. im going to make a custom hop-up chamber that will chamber 3 BB's at a time. The reason im choosing a V7 gearbox it that by the looks of things if i use a full stock with it i should be able to squeeze it into the reciever and still use the original shell loading system.

Comment

You wont be able to fire 3 bbs off it though

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by danhc View Post
              You wont be able to fire 3 bbs off it though

I don't see why not. I'm glad you're so knowledgeable on the subject.

Multiple tappet nubs on the sector has been discussed before, how well it'll work is a different thing all together.

Good luck!
              Buy my stuff!

Comment

im thinking about the volume of the cylinder wouldnt be enough for 3 bbs, also if your loading 3 bbs into the barrel then releasing the piston, how are you going to get hop on the first two which will of been pushed past the hop rubber, and therefore have no hop, also you do realise that you run the risk of not gettingthe full volume of air pushed through into the barrel if you dont allow the tappet plate to be pushed forwards after which you will deffinatley need with 3 bbs, I would of thought, very glad that you are so knowledgable on the subject of something that has just been discussed before though to point out everybody else who has a theory is wrong

Comment

oh and also a slightly more usefull post, maby get the barrels and hop units off a tri shot, and make a nozzle that diverges into 3 nozzles for the 3 barrels, that way you get hop on all 3 bbs and a more consistent fps between them

Comment

Originally posted by Stevenm56 View Post
                    im going to make a custom hop-up chamber that will chamber 3 BB's at a time.
                    how are you going to get hop on the first two which will of been pushed past the hop rubber, and therefore have no hop,
                    Pro reading skills.

Firing 3 BBs at once won't affect the volume of the barrel, so the volume of the cylinder is not an issue. If you're talking about it lowering the FPS- bigger spring?

Never said the tappet plate would remain backward, and you're right in that it wouldn't work. It would need to be retracted 3 times in one cycle as I said before.

Fitting a tri-shot mechanism would be a more elegant solution, but require a super fuckload of custom work.

I want to see if a triple hop chamber would actually work.
                    Buy my stuff!

Comment

Just realised my mistake, i presumed he was gonner tri barrel it but you are totaly right you could use a stronger spring and use shorter barrels, with the tri hop system, problems i can foresee are that you would have to move the barrel window in order to accomidate 3 bbs, also would the contact part of the rubber be able to return to it's original state for the 2nd and 3rd bbs? As in some high rof guns the time between shots is too short.

Comment

Just realised my mistake, i presumed he was gonner tri barrel it but you are totaly right you could use a stronger spring and use shorter barrels, with the tri hop system, problems i can foresee are that you would have to move the barrel window in order to accomidate 3 bbs, also would the contact part of the rubber be able to return to it's original state for the 2nd and 3rd bbs? As in some high rof guns the time between shots is too short.

Yeah, all legitimate concerns. Seen so many people come up with this idea then not actually make it due to doubts.

With the one barrel, you could get a long aeg barrel and cut a window out of the exit end maybe? How about using an R-hop, longer BB contact time means it has to deform less- and should return to shape quicker.

Would be cool to see it done, even if it isn't very successful!

Sorry for my hurtful words btw, being a dick for no reason.
                        Buy my stuff!

Comment

You lost me at DE...

Comment

This is actually good feedback here, in regards to the hop chamber I was thinking that if you put the loading part of the chamber at an angle, the bb's will naturally go into the barrel rather than the tapet plate having to move 3 times per section gear rotation. Also the R-hop sounds like a good idea to me but instead of cutting a new hop window in the barrel how about putting a spacer in to extend the part before the barrel?

Comment

No worries mate, everybody gets rage sometimes haha, also with both soloutions if i am thinking about it correctly arn't fixes, for the hop to function properly you need to have a 18mm distance instead of a 6mm distance (not actual distances just an show of tge size difference) to allow 3bbs to sit between the air nozzle and the start of the r-hop or er-hop patch or normal nub, otherwise you will get no hop on the first two with a normal hop or an r hop and varying hop with a er hop

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stevenm56 Find out more about Stevenm56
                              Working...
                              X