Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40mm Grenade Identification/Appropriate replacement fill valve

Afternoon chaps (and the odd chappess),

I borrowed an M203 and four grenades off a mate, on the condition that "i could use them if i could get the grenades working" - all of them leaked like seives.

Well three of them are fixed, and the fourth one had a leaking fill valve - on removing it and doing a few tweaks, I then replaced it, only to have it snap in half as I was winding the valve in.

I've had a brief google but the only valves I can find are the madbull ones, and I'm not sure if they will fit.

So here's the grenade - anyone know what make?

And here's the valve:

Outer diameter of the valve head is 6.5mm or so - how big are the heads of the madbull ones?
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Re: 40mm Grenade Identification/Appropriate replacement fill valve

ICS
    sigpic

Comment

I think all fill valvs are the same size but wait for someone elst to confirm this. I used madbull on my cheap unbranded nades, they works well because of the thick seal.

Comment

Fill valves arent all the same size, the madbull ones dont fit on king arms nades.

Conveniently ICS is one of the manufacturers not mentioned when it comes to compatibility. Think I'll pick up a set of pro-arms valves and see what happens.

Comment

tried... too big.
          sigpic

Comment

Update - bought some madbull replacement ones, and while the head of the valve is too big to fit into the recess on the shell the threads are the same and they do form a gas tight seal against the ICS grenade shell.

Comment

Could you post a picture of the thread on the valves please? I have a big dragon nade and need a new valve and wondered which thread type they have.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave38x East midlands based airsofter & member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team. I am the team armourer and do the majority of our tech-work, as well as tech work/one off manufacturing jobs for others. Find out more about dave38x
              Working...
              X