Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Gas Pistol Upgrades?!

Hey people,

I've got a couple of socom gear 1911's, and I have no clue what upgrades are available or possible? Only a tbb really.

Any help will be very appreciated!

Cheers,

Ben

WE bud. Socom gear pistols are WEs. So if itll fit a WE itll fit yours

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: Possible Gas Pistol Upgrades?!

Ok, but what exact upgrades can i do?

Comment

recoil springs, valves, inner barrels, muzzel housing, piston..

Comment

I know I'm being picky but what specific ones? Cheers for the help!:D

Comment

I would start with a nineball purple hop rubber and then shim the mags with Lee's precision engineering shims. This would be the first upgrade to every GBB i own.

After that it depend how far you want to take it, the more you upgrade the more you risk having compatibility issues between different brand parts.

You can go down the tight bore barrel route but i wouldn't bother fitting anything other than a 6.03 (nineball or PDI) for a skirmish pistol, 6.01 barrels are high maintenance with cleaning if you want them to perform at their best.

The above options are just about the only upgrades that are plug and play so to speak, meaning they can be fitted with out further modification or tuning. Other things like high flow gas valves are ok if willing to up performance a little but sacrifice gas consumption a lot, not a good idea with little 1911 style mags!

Hope this helps

Ash
            Gas Junkies

Comment

i just fitted a Dyna piston head to my 1911 and the gas consumption is much better, i actually get a whole clip out! i also second the vote for the Lees precision mag shims. on my 1911 there was a little increase in performance but on my p226 it made such a difference. so they really do depend on the gun, they do make it hard to get the mag lip pin back in though so be careful.

tb barrel is another good. if your going to upgrade the recoil/hammer spring make sure the slide can take the extra power or you'll smash the back of the gun off.

my biggest power increase came when i switched from using any old gas to propane (i know green gas and propane are the same thing) only thing i would recommend when switching to propane is to get an enhanced loading nozzle because the one in my old p226 snapped but this may have been age rather than the gas.

modifying any gun all depends on what you want to achieve and how much you want to spend.

so do the right mods for the right out come, i was after better gas performance.
              I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Benjii Ben, been in the airsoft 'world' for just over 2 years. Not much of a camper, a pure rusher! Find out more about Benjii
              Working...
              X