R Hop H Hop questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R Hop H Hop questions?

Firstly I want to know how people use their H hops. Do you use them with the excisting nub that's on the rubber bucking and then fit the H hop in where a normal hop up nub would go? Or, do you sand the nub off of the inside of the bucking and use the H nub to push an 'n' shaped part of the bucking down onto the BB?

Secondly, do any forum members or companies produce barrels (or mod) with an R hop already installed ready to buy? If not, why?

Also, does the R hop make that much difference. I went out again today with a new hop rubber and nub combo and .25's and seemed to lose a load of range even though the gun chrono'ed on the limit.
    I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Re: R Hop H Hop questions?

there was a company that did them but their website has been offline for a while, the reason that they dont do them mostly is because they are relativley specific for what ammo you want to use and the gun, which makes it alot easier for the end user to just install it to the specific requirement, if you have a spare hop unit and barrel, if i where you i would get a pack of them and start experementing with the install, i believe that he stil ldoes a z-kit which is what i used, as they are alraedy mostly sanded down for an almost perfect fit, also there is a tool available that helps with installs, if you are seriously interested take a look on airsoft mechanics forum, and yes they do make a noticable difference to range and accuracy but dont forget to use heavier ammo
    PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

oh and the h-nub is just used as you would a regular nub

Comment

With a "h" nub I remove the mound from the bucking otherwise its pointless using a "h" nub, for the r hop you want to use something similar to the "m" nub which is a rectangular and presses down evenly on the entire hop window

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

I use the R-hop and it works great, yes you do see the difference.

BUT it's a pain to install, it's not hard it just takes time to get it right, if you have access to some where you can test it then it'll be better, but I don't so I can only test my installation at every game. What I did was take 2 barrel's and hop units, one with my R-Hop and one with a standard system. Once you have installed a couple, then you know what to look for, and you can get to about 90% just by eye, but it will still take some testing to get 100%.

On my R_Hop I either use no nub or a M nub, depending of how tight my installation works out.

Comment

and the idea is to get more hop on heavy ammo so i expect you will need .28s

Originally posted by Metalbody
            pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Ok, thanks for the replies. I have nowhere long enough to test an r hop and I really don't want to ruin a barrel.
              The m nub I've never even heard anything about! I'm on this forum every day and I havnt seen a post. I'm going to try the h nub again without the mound. I'm going to have to glue something on the hop arm though because last time I did that I wasn't getting enough hop, so went back to a different rubber.

Comment

have you tried using something to space out the nub? like cutting a nub in half and putting it between the h nub and the hop arm?

Comment

R-hop makes a huge difference. That's what I found, anyway.
                  Originally posted by psirus101
                  I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

yeah im going to glue some silicone wire or some hard plastic into the hop arm to give me more hop. i might even switch from .25's to .28's.

i haven't really got the room or the time to work on an R hop. if someone wants to make one for me or something then ill be more than happy. is the R hop adjustable? i get the whole larger contact patch bit but why not 2 tramlines of rubber like the firefly rubber?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Genesius View Post
                        is the R hop adjustable?
                        Yes it's adjustable but no where near as much as a normal hop.

You need to get the R-Hop patch working close to perfect and then use the adjustment to get it stop on.

EDIT - I use .25's for pretty much all my guns because I don't want to pay for .28's. I find them good enough. The only gun I use .28’s for is a LRB Asahi M60, they are not quite heavy enough.

Comment

Because 2 tramlines reduce the contact area, the contact piece that applies hop is completely separate from hop rubber aswell, the r hop is adjustable but only slightly, you do most of the adjustments before hand then fine tune with the hop up arm and m nub or similar

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Going to get the madbull blues and shave the nub off then use a reaps h nub and see how I get on

Comment

Why not just use the reaps rubber?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Genesius Find out more about Genesius
                              Working...
                              X