Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray paint advice to help restore my metal GBB Pistol

Morning folks

Okay so i recently purchased a full metal Kimber tactical entry II kit for my Marui MEU, the kit itself requires use of some of the older MEU parts namely the grip safety, main spring housing and barrel bushing.

My issue is these parts are well used and have paint which has rubbed off giving the gun an odd appearance - i would like to spray them to restore them to full combat pimpness (and to give the gun a uniform appearance)

What spray paints have you guys used to restore your metal guns? Im specifically after a gun metal grey finish and will only be spraying the worn parts not the kimber kit - so i need to make sure they match perfectly

thanks...and erm sorry if this has been posted in the wrong thread

Re: Spray paint advice to help restore my metal GBB Pistol

I have the same kit and had a similar problem with the parts I transfered over. I sanded off the black paint and used Brasso to get a polished silver look for mine.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/search.ph...501&pp=&page=3
    If you want to spray them then use one of the Halford Matt car paints. They are very hard wareing but make sure you leave them for 24-48 hours after applying about 5-6 thin coats onto an either primed or keyed surface. I sprayed the bearver tail on mine with a gloss paint and fitted it a bit to early, some of the paint pealed off while fitting it, though now its fitted none of it has worn at all.

Comment

hi ya

if you want a pro job i would take it apart and get it anodised.( only if you know what ya doing taking it apart.
      Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...an-airsoft-gun

here you go dude, i was in a similar position to you and i got brilliant results with this method and put loads of effort into getting the right kit and techniques

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

frenky No longer airsofting Find out more about frenky
        Working...
        X