weathering and rust!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weathering and rust!!

hi guys, alot of guys on here along with myself like to weather our guns. but my question is how do you guys stop them from rusting once you've weathered them?.
    do you spray it with a clear laquer of sum sort?

Re: weathering and rust!!

clear matt laquer works well on steel after weathering

Comment

thanks. will have to try it

Comment

Most AEGs are aluminium so there's no problem with rust on the receivers at least.

Comment

then ics l85's must be made of sumthing else as its rusting lol

Comment

How do you stop it from rusting? Well, you see it (and the real thing both have this treatment applied to the metal) that stops it rusting - unfortunately, on the real thing this wears off. Unfortunately you seem to have decided to remove this protective layer. Lacquer it, or just keep it well rubbed down with oil and clean it well at the end of every skirmish.

Yes, the real l85 rusts. I've seen it happen (and seen the resultant bollocking that the guy got for not once cleaning/oiling his rifle in a 7 day exercise - other symptoms included a casing jammed in the chamber).

Sorry if this sounded a little condescending, but it is unfortunately a fact of life! :P
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Just to echo Panotes, most are Aluminium, Pot Metal, Magnesium or other non ferrous Alloys.

Real Sword and LCT are amongst the few that use Steel Recievers...my suggestion - Get some REAL Gun Oil and Greaseproof paper and a good solid box to keep them in.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Darkmikey22 Find out more about Darkmikey22
              Working...
              X