Krylon on chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krylon on chrome

I have an 8mm Acm m500 in chrome and I'd really want a black body, can krylon be applied as you would do an AEG or will it just flake off if it's not sanded right down first?

Failing that does anyone want to swap a chrome body for a black?

Re: Krylon on chrome

Kryloning chrome is the same as anything else as its not real 'chrome' just sanded and polished metal.

Give it light sand and go, though as allways with krylon it will ware off pretty quick. Look into getting it powder coated.

Coulda just rung me dude!

Comment

Re: Krylon on chrome

Metal bodied guns are very often chromed and, as far as I remember, the ACM M500 is one of them. Just because the average 18 year old likes to say he's got a chrome 1911, when in fact he's just attacked a painted one with wire wool, doesn't mean that manufacturers do the same thing.

Paint won't take on chrome - I know this as I've got a motorbike with far too much chrome and I'm in the process of de-chroming quite a bit of it - so you'll need to remove most of it first. Either use sand paper, going to as fine as possible, or liquid sandpaper (try homebase). The very strong oven cleaners are supposed to be good for removing chrome too; I've bought some but haven't got round to trying it yet.
      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jez Armstrong Find out more about Jez Armstrong
      Working...
      X