Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhawk Serpa Guard

Hi guys,

Having a small dilemma having moved my pistol back I my hip. Basically anything like a hoody or jacket, keeps getting sandwiched between the pistol and Holster, and my hip/belt. This isn't so mug a problem, but it means that quite a few times when I get down low or curl up, the mag release button gets pushed on the Holster, and out comes the mag!

Do Blackhawk make any for of shield/ thumb guard like item, that keeps your jacket well and truly off the holster? I know they have a spacer, but I'm not sure that's gonna fix it

Have you tried a Serpa level 3? It has the extra guard that flips over the rear of the gun - it might provide extra cover for the mag release?

Or how about fitting a quick disconnect mount? It will add another centimetre or so of clearance between the holster and belt paddle. That might be enough to stop you clothes bunching up under there?

Comment

I did look at the level 2/3 but couldn't see that they had more space covering the mag button. In the meantime I've switched to the imi set up, as the molle mount takes up less space

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
      Working...
      X