ASG MK23 Socom silencer improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG MK23 Socom silencer improvement

I got one of these, and I love the way it fires. It really seems to hold up well against the TM one in all respects except one - the noise.

I saw on the ASG website that "due to law enforcement, the silencer cannot be filled and so does not function"... This seems like it must only be the law in China. I've looked at lots of information on improving silencer function, involving unscrewing it and putting better filling in.

My question:
    Has anyone done this with the ASG mk23 silencer already? and if so, what advice would you give? If not, I'll use this thread to report back what my experiments result.

I too would be interested in this, as I have just bought myself one, and intend to remove the barrel extension so make it a little more site friendly!

Comment

Re: ASG MK23 Socom silencer improvement

First thing you'll need to do is break off the glue from the thread side. Knock it off a table all round like you would loosening a jar lid. Then either twist or pull and it should come out. After that you'll have a big spring and the extended barrel itself. I never tried fitting foam to mine as I like the extra FPS the barrel gives I was just curious what was inside. The innards completely hollow and you'll need to reglue the thread cap end again.
      Best of look whatever you plan to do!

Comment

When I foamed my G-spec suppressor, I found a sheet of flat open-cell foam and cut it to wrap around the inside of the tube.

I also saw somewhere a post where someone had made a series of "baffles" out of discs of foam with different centre hole sizes, sandwiched into the suppressor.

Comment

I've seen that, going to give it a whirl as the video seemed petty convincing. Got tomorrow indoors as its raining so it will be suppressor day for me, will video and post results.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Figjam Find out more about Figjam
          Working...
          X