Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• box mag mech?

hi guys.

right!.. i am in the middle of trying to build a custom box mag and am looking for a small feeding mech with the metal coil type feed hose.

the only box mags that come to mind that are near to what i need and to describe what i mean is the..
    # echo1 m240 box mag
    # ares/star m60 box mag
    # hero arms ak drum mag

but what i am wanting to know is are these any kop?, are these reliable and can feed fast enough? and is there anything else out there similar that i could use?

please help guys

thanks

Re: box mag mech?

Just use a cheapo R/C servo. Remove the circuit board inside, connect via the motor contacts to either a battery or across the motor contacts of the gun.
    The output shaft of the servo can be either fixed permanently to the drive wheel of whatever mag you intend to use or via a simple universal joint.
    Although designed for 4.8 - 6v most will be happy on a 7.4 lipo. An 11.1 may be pushing it even if not under a lot of load.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Andrews View Post
      Just use a cheapo R/C servo. Remove the circuit board inside, connect via the motor contacts to either a battery or across the motor contacts of the gun.
      The output shaft of the servo can be either fixed permanently to the drive wheel of whatever mag you intend to use or via a simple universal joint.
      Although designed for 4.8 - 6v most will be happy on a 7.4 lipo. An 11.1 may be pushing it even if not under a lot of load.
      Cheers fella

it will be under alot of load as for a support weapon.

plus idealy i wanted a boxmag mech thats already assembled so that all i need to do is make a few alterations to it and a mount for it and fit it straight in.

Comment

come on guys i need some info on this?

Comment

A&K M60 box mags fit your description. And they are completely bulletproof!

Comment

It really depends on the ROF of the weapon you intend to use, the distance that the BBs need to feed over and the way you are powering/triggering the boxmag... I need a couple more details before I can help mate.

Most box mags run on a roughly Tamiya 540 sized motor... Even a basic replacement will be plenty fast enough for most applications. You DO need a gearing system to reduce the speed of the motor and make it a little more torque-y though, this is the bit you'll find usually fails because they are crap in most boxmags.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
              It really depends on the ROF of the weapon you intend to use, the distance that the BBs need to feed over and the way you are powering/triggering the boxmag... I need a couple more details before I can help mate.

Most box mags run on a roughly Tamiya 540 sized motor... Even a basic replacement will be plenty fast enough for most applications. You DO need a gearing system to reduce the speed of the motor and make it a little more torque-y though, this is the bit you'll find usually fails because they are crap in most boxmags.
              im not sure what the rate of fire is but its running on a 9.9v li-fe if that helps, so equivilent to a 9.6v i believe. not sure what lenth feed tube i need yet as need to find a small enough mech to fit in the RS 50rd box mag of the gpmg. it is wired from the trigger and standard battery, so everytime you pull the trigger the box mag will feed and be powered by the battery.

the reason i was using the said boxmag options above was because they have small and flat feed mechanisms with the spring type feed tube which is what the inokatsu needs.

to show you how small and flat i need it, heres a link to show you the star m60 boxmag feed mech.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/St...&mode=threaded

then all i was guna do was re-wire it, make a mount and plastic feed box for it then drop it into the actual box mag.

hope this helps

Comment

I think you are probably going to have to do a fair bit of scavenging for the parts to build this.

I've just wired my G&P boxmag to the trigger switch. it's pretty tough to wire a "primer" switch in there, at least my basic electrical knowledge couldn't work it out.

What you ideally want to do is have a primer to wind up a spring hi-cap mechanism in the magazine, like most other feed mechs. With the lower capacity of your boxmag, you SHOULD be able to feed off of just the spring tension, once the mag is "primed". The rotation of the motor should just top this up as you shoot so in essence, you are never relying on the speed of the mini motor to keep up with the rate of fire of the gun.

Like i say, I couldn't work out how to wire in a primer switch that didn't bridge the trigger contacts and cause the main motor to spin too, so i gave up on that idea and just soldered up a connector that I can use to link the mini motor directly to a battery, so before I use the gun, I just link it up, wind the spring tension up, disconnect it and plug the gun in properly and away i go. After a a thousand or so rounds, it might need re-priming. I'll either have to live with that or chance my main motor to rock a lower ROF.

To answer your initial question, I'm not sure it's worth splashing out on any of the above boxmags, because you'll have to do a lot of work on them. Might be better to start from scratch?

Comment

luckily my gpmg is already wired for this. so on an easier note would maybe cutting down a highcap mag right down to the mech, adding a motor and then poxy putty the coiled feed tube into the square feed hole on the side?.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Darkmikey22 Find out more about Darkmikey22
                  Working...
                  X