6.03 or 6.01 Madbull tight bore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.03 or 6.01 Madbull tight bore.

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the better barrel. Would the 650mm 6.03 Black python V2 be better than the 6.01 tight bore, in regards to accuracy, fps and range.

Thanks

Lee

The 6.01 is more prone to jamming if you use cheap bbs, but would give a slightly higher fps increase if cleaned regularly and set up properly. I would only recommend the 6.01 for dmr or sniper platforms that can take aeg barrels.
    Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Re: 6.03 or 6.01 Madbull tight bore.

Thanks Crasstoe, I was going to use for my A&K Dragunov.

Lee

Comment

I've read somewhere recently that 6.01/.02 are for increased FPS, and 6.05 is for accuracy, so take your pick, Marui uses 6.08 and it helps towards their accuracy somewhat I believe.
        Originally posted by eyley
        she was expensive, she was wobbly, she had bits on her she shouldn't have.....and she was useless.
        Originally posted by Barlow
        I had a negligent discharge once that I'm still paying for...her name is Sarah and she's 8 months old.

Comment

The 6.03 Madbull black python barrels I use in my Marui M4 recoil and AUG high cycle have seen an increase from around 275fps on both guns to 335fps on the M4 and 320fps on the AUG. The Prommy barrel I was using in the M4 did next to nothing for the fps. I've got a chopped down second hand one in my A&K M249 and that bumped it up 30fps. The before and after readings were all done on the same chrono with 0.20 ammo on the same day. Pretty cheap and easy FPS increase really n

Comment

That's great guys thanks, I'll def be getting the 6.03.

Comment

Before you go off and buy can i just say, its not all about the bore, its about the quality of the barrel and how consistent, i personally dont like madbull's barrels as they seem to flimsy to me, i prefer something like a deepfire stainless steel one as it gives more rigidity and theoretically more consistency = better accuracy

Comment

Thanks Laurence. Found one online and looks good, only trouble is now I don't know what to get. Any more opinions on barrel choice please.

Lee

Comment

it 1. depends on your airseal all the way UP to the barrel. i.e piston/hop cylinder etc etc... 2. bb's good or bad? 3. ROF and 4/5: cylinder has a hole in? and how long is it.

The reason for this is a high ROF gun can cause jamming, bad bb's jamming, bad mags - jamming jamming = breaking = crying
                  The others to do with vacumes, hence why some cylinders have holes in, if you put ur finger over the pistonhead and try to pull the piston out it is hard, same thing can happen with BB's and LOWER the fps. the length of the barrel is important as well as same thing after a long travel it can lower the FPS.

easy thing, if its a short gun get a 6.01 if a medium get a 6.01.

if its high ROF/Long / really good airseal or not quite sure - get a 6.03 a good hop UNIT ( or R hop) and get barrel kit pack from airlab to stop any internal barrel movement.

OFC ( IMO) not to say if its right or wrong.

Comment

6.01 will increase accuracy, but 6.03 will have better range.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Quickordead Find out more about Quickordead
                    Working...
                    X