Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

M14/Version 7 gearboxes-easy to work on for the complete novice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14/Version 7 gearboxes-easy to work on for the complete novice?

As the title states, I'm curious as to if an M14/Version 7 gearbox is easy to work on for the absolute novice, as I'm planning on replacing the stock AGM internals with a full set of TM internals, which I've acquired recently, and then eventually turning it into an M14 DMR (not 400 FPS semi locked, by the way, just an M14 DMR on the outside).
    Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Re: M14/Version 7 gearboxes-easy to work on for the complete novice?

it a pretty easy box to start on ,i'd take some pictures of the trigger switch parts before taking it apart as thats a little complicated,however you may find the TM internals only partially useful as the gears in the agm ones are version 2-3 gears but the agm ones are probably stronger anyway, if i remember rightly the gears in agm's are xyt gears and good for 350fps, the cylinder would be worth changing as well as the piston and piston head.

Comment

All I've done to it so far, is replaced the cutoff lever with a Guarder one, and it only clocks in at 300 FPS at the chrono with a .20 BB
      Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

Also while you have the gear box apart, It would suggest changing the Fire select lever for a metal one. As these are well known to break after a while, I would advise getting a metal one to replace it asap as they are hold to get hold off.

Comment

apart from the daft bb feed part which requires 6 hands then if you can take a version 2 to bits then the version 7 box is very similer just a different shape

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

L3w151988 A craft beer drinking, occasional scruffy beard-growing, airsofter from London, living in Kent. Find out more about L3w151988
          Working...
          X