Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

TM Sopmod replacement body - WE compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Sopmod replacement body - WE compatible?

Hi guys,

Quick query... I'm looking at getting a new body for my TM CQB-R recoil, but was curious as to whether or not this would work - A WE type body on a TM sopmod?

Proposed body:

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...catid=14&cat=7

Thanks,
    Ash

Re: TM Sopmod replacement body - WE compatible?

I'm not 100%, but I think it's pretty unlikely that it will fit at all and impossible that it will fit without some severe modifications. It may not look it but your SOPMOD, like all AEGs except Systema's PTW, is both wider and longer than the real AR-15 because of the need to squeeze in the gearbox. GBBRs like the WE that receiver is intended for don't have that problem and are usually much closer to real AR-15s in size (WA-pattern GBBRs being identical, Viper's to the point that they can use both upper and lower receivers from RS AR-15s).

The only receiver sets you can be sure will fit without major modification are those designed specifically for Recoil Shock M4s, which as far as I can tell is either Laylax's or the ARS, rebranded by a certain Japanese retailer. First Factory also make a MUR-1 replica upper receiver.

Comment

Hey bros I've just stumbled on this thread.... looking for tm recoil receivers...got the same problem, but am in process of repairing my beloved g p l119a1 lower with same problem too. Easy enough fix with my dremmel and liquid metal. Can repair yours too for £35 posted!
      But, main reason I'm posting is Cus it just so happens I have a WE gbb m4, and hadn't even thought of offer offering them together. Should have, Cus I've just modded some Emags for a tm 416 with no external dimension changes needed, and obvi rs mags fit WE m4 s.
      So, long story short, the tm sopmod is same dimensions as WE ! Even the bolt lock and selector are correctly placed.
      So dude. I dunno, I was gonna dmr my WE .....but now, I might just ...... Any thoughts?

Comment

Well, apart from the fact that the WE receivers aren't the same dimensions as a TM SOPMOD receiver........

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

webb_ash Find out more about webb_ash
        Working...
        X