Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Engineers, Gun Techs or Even Just Smarter Folk Than Myself......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineers, Gun Techs or Even Just Smarter Folk Than Myself......

Ok so I bought this baby M4 to use it Trigger Happy, Vacant, CQB etc.
    In the description, it said that it has a 14mm counter clockwise thread. Bonus ! As I want to screw my G&G tracer unit on too. When it arrived, I removed the flash hider by taking out a tiny allen key at the bottom and pulling it off a thicker diameter tube. Guess what ? NO counter clockwise thread
    I thought " No Biggy " and went all technical on its ass by taking it apart and installing bright LED's inside the hop unit yo make a tracer hop. Although the whole idea is great and I took my time to get everything nice, neat and working, it does not light up the BBs as well as I want
    SO.... would anyone know if this could be machined or is there some way that the black outer tube comes off for fitment of another tube ? ( with a thread on it )

MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Re: Engineers, Gun Techs or Even Just Smarter Folk Than Myself......

Is that end section of the barrel removable? I.e does it have the -14mm underneath? I would imagine (and hope if it was mine) that the threaded outer barrel was further back into the ris to give the semi-integrated supressor look...

Taking the handguard off will allow a better look...
    Originally posted by Walter Gropius
    If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

I dont know how to take the hand guard off ? I would have thought that the large screw outer part would have unscrewed somehow but \i cant seem to budge it ( either way )
      Even if the counter clockwise part was at the bottom of there, it wouldnt be any use to me as the silencer would not fit in there ( diameter wise )

Comment

Having never owned an armalite variant, I can't be sure on the where's and how's, but I think the delta ring might be key to handguard removal, don't quote me though lol! A picture of the outer barrel without the handguard might be easier to decode... Saying all this, there's probably someone going to pop along in a mo who owns one lol!
        Originally posted by Walter Gropius
        If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Originally posted by a_flea View Post
          there's probably someone going to pop along in a mo who owns one lol!

lets hope so as I have been playing about with it since your suggestion and cannot for the life of me work out how it comes off. There appears to be 2 pins that run through it but wether they are anything to do with it or not

Comment

Ok, now looking for someone with access to a lathe to put a counter clockwise 14mm thread onto my outer barrel

Comment

I could do it, or you could speak to No1_sonuk who has the dies for this - if I were to thread cut it I'd need the thing that's being screwed onto it
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I think I'd drill out the front of the barrel and make a threaded insert secured by grub screw.

M4 Tank mod.png

Easy to revert to original muzzle.

SAS

Comment

Good idea sidewinder though the adapter might be difficult machine. I would say the best bet would be to buy a new outer barrell, should only set you back 20-30 quid for a short barrel and it means the original is still in good shape if you want to change it back.

Comment

I've made similar parts before no problem.

SAS

Comment

Well he's gone for getting it threaded, arrived at my house this morning

I've worked with M4 pistols before but ive never had quite this short a barrel!

Comment

Easier to fit in your machine.

SAS

Comment

Originally posted by Sidewinderforge View Post
                          I think I'd drill out the front of the barrel and make a threaded insert secured by grub screw.
                          That, and threading the barrel itself, assume the end is solid enough.
                          I've had someone ask me to do similar before, only to find the end was hollow (before I'd started), so I couldn't thread it.

For future reference, or anyone else in a similar situation:

If it's short enough, you could make a whole new barrel. I can make up to 5 1/2 - 6 inch long barrels on my machines - that's the deepest I can drill as I don't have long-shank drills or a gun drill.

Then there's the Madbull 3-in-one hop unit option - they come ready for tracer LEDs, and you can buy them with the LED unit too. That may be more effective than your home built version.

What colour LEDs did you use? I've read UV, violet or even blue ones can be more effective than white.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the suggestions but I am getting her threaded by the main man above
                            I used white Maplin LEDs as I am the sort of guy that does not think ahead and the white was all Maplins had in the shop

Comment

Boom:

Just needs the front end chamfering/the whole thing needs degreasing then it's going in the post tomorrow!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Auto Freak Find out more about Auto Freak
                              Working...
                              X