Lowcapping a midcap mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowcapping a midcap mag

Has anyone tried to reduce the number of bb a mag can hold? I have Magpul AKM 160rd mids but the new site I use is low cap and ammo restricted to 300 a game so even mids are to large. If anyone has any surgestions please let me know

Re: Lowcapping a midcap mag

only use two mags, and fire off the first 20 shots?

Comment

Load less bb's per mag?
      Originally posted by tackle
      For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

You know those loading rods you get with some guns? Go to your local shop, and ask for a couple of the inner "pokers"... These are the perfect diameter for "bunging up" your midcap. Cut some lengths that will fit exactly in the BB track of your midcap and put them in behind the spring at the desired point inside the magazine, effectively reducing the capacity by an amount dependent on where you put them.

Beware though, increasing the spring tension too much can cause double feeds or general feed issues in some guns, so you MIGHT need to cut down the actual spring if this happens. It's highly unlikely though.

Comment

Loading less bb's is not an option as only low caps are permited

Comment

If that's going to be a regular site it might be worth picking up some real caps, they are cheap enough. Just buy more than you need incase of a faulty mag or two.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Not avalible for masada akm and I'd rather not have to buy the ACR lower and M4 lowcaps if at all posible, but I may have to in the end.

Comment

It not use normal AK mags?
                I don't know having never owned one.

Another option is use a method similar to the vanaris PTW mags.
                Load 30 rounds. Mark off then get a really small pin, drill a hole all the way through and push the pin through. That will stop BBs going past 30 rounds and is removable for full capacity.
                If you do it small enough it's not even noticeable.
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Unfortunately Masada AKM will only take Magpul mags for the masada, wont even take the beta project ak mags

Comment

Bummer.

Other than bens idea, mine above is the only thing I can think of.

Comment

Just the inner out of mag, won't be able to use bens idea as the inner track is a big snail as per most mids but there is space between inner and shell may be able to use small screws at certain points to prevent the whole spring compressing just the first 150-175mm should give me 30-35 bb's loaded. Just need small screws!

Comment

Don't even need to stop the spring, just stop the BBs from going past a certain point.

Comment

The follower diameter is smaller than the spring diameter so will have to fix spring. Looking through the case the inner end of spring has'nt started to compress yet with 35 bb's loaded so I dont think I'll have any compression problems going back to mid cap.

Comment

can you not just open up the mag and block the feeding (ill call it a tube) with a screw bit of a bodge job but it will work

Comment

Just drilled a tiny 1mm hole through inner case, inserted straightened paperclip through spring, bent each end over, result one lowcap capable of taking 38rds. Reassembled inner to shell and perfect.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hapi Getting to old for this s**t Find out more about hapi
                              Working...
                              X