V2 gear box..Build or Buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 gear box..Build or Buy?

Im in the market for a V2 gearbox for my new build but I'm not sure if I should try to build one (Not sure if I could do it properly thou) or just buy an off the shelf one and mod it? I have also been looking around and everything seems to be sold out of $200.

I want it to run it quite as possible in keeping with the theme of the gun and would also like a 3 burst FET fitted to the rear...

Any tips or help????

Obviously there is a catch which is cash.. I have only just started collecting the bits I need for the build but I feel the gearbox is the most complicated bit and needs careful planning…..
    sigpic
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Re: V2 gear box..Build or Buy?

Buy a cheap second hand GB from the forums or a cheap one from China.

You then have all the the bits you need and won't have to hunt around for the little springs and screws, you can then swap and change and upgrade until you get what you want.

Comment

Or even better, buy a cheap second hand one from china

Just make sure it's got the specs you want.
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I'd personally spend money on a new one, ASG Ultimate gearboxes are lovely (mine's been running fine for a year or so).

Unless you have fast experiene putting a gearbox together, I wouldn't custom build as there's so many minor details that can make it go bad, Not to mention they'll probably come out more expensive overall.

FET wise, i'm not too experienced on so i'll leave it for someone else to speak, but as far as I'm aware most aftermarket gbs don't come with them installed.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

ASCU for the 3rd burst, also allows use of 11.1V's and increases trigger response immensely, as well as always completing a full cycle of your GB.

And yes, get an already made GB and customise it from there.
          IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

I had a G&P gearbox but the spur gear snapped its shaft so I decided to build one myself. I purchased the Modify Torus gearbox shell, modify high speed gears and modify reinforced bushings. This ensured everything was compatible. And it was all reasonably priced and very high quality. With regards compression I have a guarder cylinder and SHS piston. Everything works very nicely and as above I have an ASCU V2 mosfet. It is truly amazing and cannot recommend it highly enough.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

knarf3 Find out more about knarf3
            Working...
            X