Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulging Lipo

My mate and I have identical lipos.

Just noticed that the wrapping round his is tight as a drum with a little squidginess like it is inflated. How concerned should I be? Suffice to say, we won't be using it or charging it until I'm sure. Is this reversible? Or is it dispose of it safely, in which case what do you recommend?

Re: Bulging Lipo

I would dispose of it, when lipos are damaged they produce vapours causing the bulging. Mine has bulged out as I think ran it out of charge which damaged it

Comment

you should definitely keep it inside your house, in an extremely flammable area. also leave the gas running on your oven for a while before hand, or better yet over night. Natural gas helps the electrons calm down by making them less agitated, although it takes a while for the gas to make the electrons calm down.
      The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

I am pleased you asked this because all 3 of mine are like this and I have always looked after them very well - never run them flat, always keep them balanced etc.
        The cells aren't bulging its the packaging around them, I can't remember if they were always like this but I assumed it was an air cushion to protect the cells. Perhaps I should be concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by mafu10 View Post
          I am pleased you asked this because all 3 of mine are like this and I have always looked after them very well - never run them flat, always keep them balanced etc.
          The cells aren't bulging its the packaging around them, I can't remember if they were always like this but I assumed it was an air cushion to protect the cells. Perhaps I should be concerned.
          Well this is the thing, Its been looked after perfectly. Vexing if it has to go. Right now its is not in the house, its in a biscuit tin in a plastic bag down the far end of the garden.
          If I had a long cable and a big field accessible, should I film trying to overcharge it? (From a safe distance, I was thinking France).

Comment

to get it flat its best to hit it repeatedly with a hammer, and stick it with a fork to let the bad gas out
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

It's fine, lipos tend to swell a bit when they get hot/high discharge rates are achieved - if i hold the trigger down for a good 10 seconds or so on my m4 my lipo warms up noticeably - if i repeat a few times it gets a bit squidgy. If i leave it an hour or so it returns to normal
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

We have a couple of site lipos that have got a little podgey around the middle (like the owner) Although they still work the capacity seems lower. Certainly they haven't got any worse, but have been relegated to generally powering props and suchlike.
                We think its due to being discharged too far, but can't be 100% sure.

Comment

As above, they are fine, if they go from rectangular to spherical, then thats not good.... a little squidgie, means they have had a good innings, and nothing more really, may not hold optimum charge, but will be fine!

Comment

Yeah, mine definitely doesnt hold as much charge as it used to (by which i mean it dies in the last 20 minutes of the day's skirmishing), so its not too bad. Got a second one coming from the girlfriends parents to sort that issue
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Thanks guys. Will go dig it out of the garden and see what it looks like.

Thanks also for the lols, been chuckling about the naughty answers.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Figjam Find out more about Figjam
                      Working...
                      X