X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom AK

So, this is going to be my base gun as I'm on a budget:
    NEW M901C METAL AK47 KRINKOV CQB.jpg
    And this is what im aiming for (The top is roughly the base gun, Second is the completed project and third is my original design which i still intend to make if i can find a suitable SVD stock):
    myweapon.jpg
    And just to prove that it is possible:
    AKHybrid.jpg

Basically, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what parts to use/where to get them, changes i should make and general opinions really. I also want to upgrade the internals but i have limited knowledge on how AEG gearboxes.etc work and how i can improve them, so any information would be greatly appreciated.

I'd also like to point out that the lower reciever will stay orange as i am only 16 in accordance with UK law (Unless theres any way I could legally remove it?)

Edit: I'd also like to see other peoples custom AK's if possible?

Thanks in advance

Re: Custom AK

So your looking at buying a Beta Spetsnaz/have one already - what make is it?

You'll need as a minimum -

New 74u barrel
    New 74u trunion (the block with the rear sight on it)
    New 74u dust cover/rear sight (may come with the trunion)
    74u rail handguards. And if you want to do the version with the SVD handguard you'll need an AK receiver kit that uses a fixed stock not an underfolding one.

In short - you'll probably spend so much effort/money that you might as well get a twotoned 74u to start with!

If you are gifted a RIF then I believe you can legally own it, so long as no cash changed hands.

If you put enough effort/time into it you should be able to find the above parts (depending on your budget) - it wont be easy though.
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I'm going to start with a double eagle M901c. I can remove the folding stock relatively easily, then the svd stock will retrofit onto the motor housing in the pistol grip (if the DE is a Marui clone, which I believe it is) so this shouldn't be a problem However the problem arises with actually acquiring the spare parts without ordering them from overseas?
      Thankyou very much for the response

Comment

Why cant you order spare parts from overseas?

The DE is a marui clone indeed, but it's a poorly toleranced one that wont last too long - unless you already have it already I'd suggest getting your parents to get you a JG beta spetsnaz for 60 quid second hand off the forum, they always seem to be for sail.

Comment

I believe getting parts through customs could be awkward? As for the DE, I intended to replace the majority of the internals with better parts, but would the forum bought gun not need to be two tone?

Comment

It would still need to be two tone bud, but your definately better off going with a Jing Gong than a Double Eagle. Sure, Jing Gong is far from great, but Double Eagle is absolutely terrible(unless your going with their UMP, which for some reason is rather good!)

Getting parts through customs shouldnt be a problem at all. The worst case scenario is that you'll be sent an invoice for customs charges.

Comment

My friend has one of the DE AK's and its actually quite nice? (For the price it's great) then If I were to upgrade the internals as and when I have money to throw at it it should be ok? I was hoping to get it at least up to marui spec with aftermarket internals, would that be possible? And what parts would need to be upgraded? (No idea how the internals work, was hoping to learn through this project)

Comment

I brought one for a joke and they are really good. Even know it has a plastic gb

Comment

Can it be upgraded? (Metal GB.etc?)

Comment

Yer as its a tm clone ...... So jg parts Nd tm v3

Comment

Awesome. Looks like I have some saving to do :D

Comment

Let us know how you get on!

Comment

You will spend far more upgrading this to a basically useable standard than you would just gettinga second hand (or even a new) JG AK.

As for getting it up to "at least TM standard"... you'd need at a bare minimum to replace the entire mechbox, hop unit, barrel and wiring... and all of the externals because frankly the DE ones are rubbish.

Just do as others have said and wait for a second hand two tone JG to show up.

Comment

I've since found some JG models for around the same price as the DE from a local shop, so I think I'll grab one of those if they have a folding stock model, or their SVD/RPK hybrid

- - - Updated - - -

I've since found some JG models for around the same price as the DE from a local shop, so I think I'll grab one of those if they have a folding stock model, or their SVD/RPK hybrid

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheKormak Find out more about TheKormak
                            Working...
                            X