removing paint from plastic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing paint from plastic?

how would i go about this? need to de two tone a g36 handguard.....

Re: removing paint from plastic?

a little bit of thinners on a rag, or scotch pad, and scrub, get the worst off, then plastic primer (halfrauds, good stuff) and then matt black.

- - - Updated - - -

that was blue, 3 weeks ago, didnt try to remove it, just primer and bess brown, matt laquer, job done

Comment

That depends if it was actually painted in the first place
      If it's actual <insert colour> plastic then all you can do is paint over the top

If it really has been painted, then from my knowledge, sanding it down. Don't think you can really get paint stripper that's suitable for use on plastic...
      TBH you'd be better off just buying a new hand guard - they're cheap enough second hand (I bought one a while back for £5)

Ha, beaten to it ^

Comment

for plastic you buy fairy powerspray.......spray it on leave for about half an hour or even less and remove with a nail scrubbing brush job DONE....

Comment

Exactly the above but i used an old toothbrush. Watch out though i managed to strip paint off the wooden edging in our bathroom with it!
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Richhill Find out more about Richhill
          Working...
          X