Bolt M4 recoil project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt M4 recoil project

So, figured I might as well share my project with you all, try and get some advice and opinions on what I'm doing.

I'm currently in the middle of changing the externals of my Bolt B4A1.
    I want a CQB gun as I only really play CQB, and prefer light guns so I'm trying to reduce the weight of it also.

This is the plan so far:
    -7" MK18 rail. (Bought)
    -short outer barrel (4" barrel bought)
    -4-5" silencer
    -Magpul/Troy back up sights.
    -T1 aimpoint with high mount (bought)

Previously looked like this:

Aim is to look like this:

Obviously with an MK18 ris, but the app i used didnt have much variety when I came to parts...

Internals:
    Now, initially I wasn't going to bother doing anything internally, as I run the idea that if its not broken, don't try and fix it. But I would love to fit a MOSFET into this, so it completes the cycle every time, and the motor stops quicker. Does anyone have any idea if an ASCU would fit? Or a raptor maybe?
    I also have an Eagle 6 M100 spring to install, and I'm in need of an aftermarket motor to put in it, for which I'm just thinking an SHS high torque motor would suffice?

Hop Up
    Prowin M4 hop unit.
    Madbull blue hop rubber.
    Lonex 6.01 tightbore barrel.
    Possibly an r hop?

Anyone got any advice on the above hop set up?

All advice appreciated!
    Just waiting on the rail (bought from Hk, so will be a couple of weeks until I receive it). Then I'll update with pictures.

Cheers,
    Phil
    Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
    Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
    Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
    Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Re: Bolt M4 recoil project

Get something other than the madbull blue, there are better rubbers out there (such as the A+) - I'd recommend using some kind of H-nub with whatever rubber you choose as well .

SHS High Torque motor is a cracker, go for it!

As for whether your externals will fit, i really dont know! Are the internals V2 compatible?
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Re: Bolt M4 recoil project

Instead of the A++ hop rubber, try the new prommy flat hop rubber combined with the prommy bridged bucking, I've heard very good things from a very trusted gun tech.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I'll bare that in mind, might try the A++.

Found an image of the internals of the BOLT M4 gearbox, does this look like a standard M4 trigger unit to you guys?

If so, may splash out and get an ASCU, or I've heard the Raptor mosfets are quite good?
        Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Originally posted by Half Trigger View Post
          I'll bare that in mind, might try the A++.

Found an image of the internals of the BOLT M4 gearbox, does this look like a standard M4 trigger unit to you guys?

If so, may splash out and get an ASCU, or I've heard the Raptor mosfets are quite good?
          Also, can the ASCU even be front wired? If not then there's that dream crushed..

Comment

Proving bloody difficult to get the MK18 ris to fit properly :/

Here's it with a stubby look:

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Half Trigger Find out more about Half Trigger
            Working...
            X