Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt B4A1 / Madbull 3-in-1 Hop help?

Hi,

Has anyone tried fitting a Madbull 3 in 1 hop in to a Bolt B4A1?

Seems to be a squeeze to get the hop unit to insert properly into the outer barrel (bit of "persuasion" it sort of goes in) just enough to re-assemblebut it just refuses to feed any bb's in (screw driver will poke on in, so not completely obstructed).

Currently trying to work out if it's just a fraction the wrong size and the nozzle is obstructing the feed or it's just not pushed forward properly into the outer barrel. I'm also guessing that whipping the barrel nut off (don't currently have a tool to try, pondering buying one) will free it up enough to properly inset the hop unit, anyone have any experience/advice with this before I splash out on a tool to undo the nut?

Also, question for any Bolt owners, does the recoil spring sound "springy" (best way I can think to describe) if you tap the stock tube firmly (i.e. not dead a dead sound, you can hear the spring)? Only ask as I had to send my first one back to the shop (fire selector would only do auto..), didn't notice it until I got it back and have no idea if it was a replacement or fixed (if it's fixed I don't have much faith in the shops gun tech, having since met him in the shop when I was after some parts for something else, didn't seem very on the ball....). No problems with it as yet and great fun to use, just wondering!

Cheers,

Matt

I'm looking into fitting a prowin hop unit into mine. Normal hop units do fit, so the Madbull will! But as always, you have to modify the Madbull hop to fit into certain outer barrels. If you look at reviews of it, they all state this.

I little modification and it will fit fine!
    Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
    Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
    Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
    Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Oh also, yes I do, you can hear the recoil spring quite a lot when shooting unfortunately. Makes a ding that seems to resonate the stock tube for a few seconds..
      Not the best, but other than that its a beautiful gun!

Can I ask you what battery you run on it, and if you have upgraded anything?

Phil
      Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Re: Bolt B4A1 / Madbull 3-in-1 Hop help?

Originally posted by Half Trigger View Post
        I'm looking into fitting a prowin hop unit into mine. Normal hop units do fit, so the Madbull will! But as always, you have to modify the Madbull hop to fit into certain outer barrels. If you look at reviews of it, they all state this.

I little modification and it will fit fine!
        Ah, haven't ever seen any reviews tbh. The first one dropped straight in to a CA M15 so hadn't done much digging. Having looked at the stock plastic hop, the "wings" look slightly thinner so I'm guessing it's just a case of sanding them down a little?

Would the feeding issue, just be it not far forward enough?

Cheers

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Half Trigger View Post
          Oh also, yes I do, you can hear the recoil spring quite a lot when shooting unfortunately. Makes a ding that seems to resonate the stock tube for a few seconds..
          Not the best, but other than that its a beautiful gun!

Can I ask you what battery you run on it, and if you have upgraded anything?

Phil

Spring resonating, that's the words I was looking for! Glad I'm not the only one, Don't think it's enough to really bother me, the added *fun* aspect of the BRSS out weighs it I think, though I haven't had mine out in the wild as yet.

I'm using bog standard 1600mAh/8.4v mini NiMh's at the moment, mainly because that's what I've already got.

Only upgrades I've done are a Madbull 6.03mm barrel, h hop nub (I forget if I changed the bucking or not) and attempted to install a Madbull 3-in-1 hop chamber (I prefer the rear mounted adjustment knob to the standard side mounted style) but had trouble getting it in to the outer barrel mounting point properly and failing to feed once re-assembled, so back to the plastic stock one for now. I need to revisit that once i've got some more knowledge on the subject and an m16 tool to crack the barrel nut off..

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mattaddiction View Post
            Spring resonating, that's the words I was looking for! Glad I'm not the only one, Don't think it's enough to really bother me, the added *fun* aspect of the BRSS out weighs it I think, though I haven't had mine out in the wild as yet.

I'm using bog standard 1600mAh/8.4v mini NiMh's at the moment, mainly because that's what I've already got.

Only upgrades I've done are a Madbull 6.03mm barrel, h hop nub (I forget if I changed the bucking or not) and attempted to install a Madbull 3-in-1 hop chamber (I prefer the rear mounted adjustment knob to the standard side mounted style) but had trouble getting it in to the outer barrel mounting point properly and failing to feed once re-assembled, so back to the plastic stock one for now. I need to revisit that once i've got some more knowledge on the subject and an m16 tool to crack the barrel nut off..

Cheers,

Matt
            I'm in the middle of changing my front set up completely, bought an MK18 7" ris, and new outer barrel,

Will be installing a prowin hop unit, which has the rear hop adjustment like the Madbull 3 in 1, a Madbull 60 degree blue hop rubber and H nub, oh and I'm thinking a lonex 229mm 6.01mm tightbore barrel.

I would HIGHLY recommend getting a lipo. I daren't guess at the appalling rate of fire youv got with an 8.4v Nimh. I was unhappy with a 7.4v lipo 2200mah rate of fire! So I've just bought myself an 11.1v, should bring it up to around 18rps I think.
            The bolts are built to take high voltage lipos as I think the designers realised that the rate of fire would be pathetic on normal batteries otherwise.

You can pick a lipo up for around £15, and a charger for as little as £10.

Comment

Would be interested to here how you get on with the new hop unit, if that drops in ok, that would give me a bit of hope my Madbull will go in with some effort and line up properly (seemed to be the air nozzle fouling the feed, so have been wondering if the stock hop unit is fraction longer at the back than standard).

I'm quite happy with bog standard 8.4v rate of fire atm, probably because I don't know any better.... Their something to try in the future for me, once i've decided if the Bolt will get more use than the CA, and if it's got the durability. I've not seen any user views ether way on there reliability (in fact seen very little about them at all thus far).

btw How long do you tend to get out of a LiPo compared to NiMh?

Cheers,

matt

Comment

Having just picked up a barrel nut tool I've tried fitting the Madbull 3in1 hop again (does just fit in the mounting once the nut is off without forcing it), but it nozzle still fouls the rear of the feed chamber. As far as I can see the stock hop unit is a fraction (1mm or less) longer at the gear box end which is disappointing.

So very interested to hear of the Prowin unit fit's and works ok now!

I'm guessing fitting a slightly shorter nozzle (or filing the current one down ever so slightly?? Is that an option??) would fix the problem, but I'm reluctant to pull the mech box apart at this point as it's essentially still brand new. Can anyone offer ether any advice on getting the madbull hop to work or point me at any other hop units with the rear mounted adjustment wheel style that they know will fit a B4A1?

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Just to update my original post, in case anyone else is having the same problem:

After my B4a1 having it's first proper outing this weekend gone and my finding the hop likes to unwind it's self far to frequently i've had another stab at fitting the Madbull hop, filled the 'wings' down a little so it smoothly fitted the front barrel, still didn't feed, so just tickled the front of the nozzle with some wet and dry paper to remove the tiny over hang in the feed tube, which did the trick! All seem to be good now.

Cheers,

matt

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mattaddiction 30 odd, been in to Airsoft since I was about 15, recently re-discovered Skirmishing (end of 2012). From North Herts/South Cambridgeshire area. Looking to make contact with any Airsofters in my area. Currently play at Urban Assault in Peterborough, AWAherts is also fairly close, but not yet made it there. Find out more about mattaddiction
                  Working...
                  X