14mm thread extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14mm thread extension

so i just brought a B&T tracer unit to put on my type 97b, problem is, the type 97b, while it has a 14mm CCW thread on it, the barrel (inner barrel) protrudes about an inch past the end of the threads, therefore when iscrew the tracer unit on, the barrel is past the sensor that sets the tracer unit off, meaning it dosent work.

so im looking for somthing that will slightly extend my outer barrel. i know there are 14mm CW to CCW thread, that slightly extend, but any 14mm CCW female to 14mm CCW male adaptors out there, ir may i have to suck it up and hack an inch off my barrel

PS a duplicate thread is on airsofters airsoft forum, this isnt a spam bot

Re: 14mm thread extension

use a copper olive, will be about 15mm internal hole, spray it black and it will be hardly noticable.

Comment

ah so like a washer to fill the gap between the supressor and the threads? (sort of, i think i know what you mean)

what i did was dissasemble one of my other supressors (a cheap and nasty poorly made chinese one, so it came appart quite easily) and use the big lig of metal that threads onto the barrel threads as a block. whether this is what you suggested, i dont know, but it worked XD
      Last edited by 0235; 22 January, 2013, 21:48.

Comment

yeah like a tubular washer

Comment

Madbull do a 14mm ccw to ccw extension. Lengths vary starting at an inch. I use one for the very same reason you need one. It works fine, very solid, no wobble and comes in black.

Comment

Originally posted by 0235 View Post
            ah so like a washer to fill the gap between the supressor and the threads? (sort of, i think i know what you mean)

what i did was dissasemble one of my other supressors (a cheap and nasty poorly made chinese one, so it came appart quite easily) and use the big lig of metal that threads onto the barrel threads as a block. whether this is what you suggested, i dont know, but it worked XD

thats a cracking tip

Comment

get a shorter barrel?
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

yeah. all gread options. thanks for the tips.

Badger906, thats probarbly the idea i will go for,
                Mafu10, excelent, a branded product. trust it to be madbull, they do soo much end of barrel related stuff
                Jonny LOvegrove, i think it would be a bit of a waste of time and effort to buy a shorter battel just for a matter for a few cm, but still one i looked at

so i fuess this is solved. mods can lock this thread if they want :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

0235 Find out more about 0235
                Working...
                X