Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBB Slide Spray Painting

Hi everyone,
    So im interested in buying a used GBB ive seen on a forum which has a great PGC slide that has been partially sanded down by the current user.
    I have a bit of a thing for fully engraved traded slides on my pistols and while im not bothered about them looking immaculate I do like them to be in general good nick.

So the slide that has been sanded is on a Glock 18c and i'd like to paint it so its a uniform colour and cover all over. My question is how effective is the painting that can be done at home?

I've seen a lot of people on the forum selling painted guns that without offending, look bad. Is there any way I can paint it in a way that will avoid immediate scratching and last a while before needing to be re-painted?

Any help would be great guys.

Cheers

Keith
    sigpic

Re: GBB Slide Spray Painting

what is the slide made of mate?
    sigpic
    Take Your Hit

Comment

Sorry, it's a metal slide. I think aluminium.
      sigpic

Comment

I think duracoat would be your best bet
        sigpic
        Take Your Hit

Comment

There are any number of ways you can do it, so long as you apply a sprayed clear top coat afterwards that is hard wearing. The best piece of advice is to make sure you stay a constant distance from the object you are painting, make sure you maintain an even movement when spraying and make sure you apply several thin layers rather than one thick layer.

Comment

So presumably that means that in order for it to remain hard wearing ill need to put a clear coat. I'm guessing this will mean the slide is glossy....?
            sigpic

Comment

Sand the whole thing down lightly removing as much (remaining) paint as possible then use some black etch primer - there's a guide in the general projects section, whoever did that used etch primer and couldnt get it to budge once it had cured
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

duracoat matte isn't glossy bud
                sigpic
                Take Your Hit

Comment

Cheers guys. Appreciate the replies.
                  sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse