ASG Ultimate Silver Plated Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG Ultimate Silver Plated Wire

Might be in the wrong place! sorry if it is!

Iv done a search and cant find anything!

Has anyone used ASG Ultimate Silver Plated Wire? If so is it any good?

Cheers
    sigpic

"The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."
    - from a post-war debriefing of a German General

I was advised by my local Airsoft shop and a few reg players to swap out to that so I can be that bad iv yet to rewire my gun so all I can help with is my advice from shop

Comment

Re: ASG Ultimate Silver Plated Wire

Absolute ripoff, 6 quid a metre for wire????? sounds like speaker cable sales talk to me.

Copper wire that has been well soldered will have no lower a resistance than silver plated wire, as the solder will alloy directly with the copper. If your trying to lower resistance then before fitting expensive and scientifically debatable wire consider the following:
      • Soldering wires to your motor
      • Fitting a mosfet
      • Fitting thicker wire (going up to 16awg from 18awg for example - ive been trying to locate some PTFE covered 16 or even 14awg wire but I cant find it anywhere in lengths less than 50m)
      • Fitting Dean's connectors
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I know its a steep price for wire but the main reason am after it is because I want thin but low gauge wire! Iv found a link to international sellers but like you said its for massive lengths! Am re wiring the GB as when I fitted my mosfet I didn't quite give myself enough wire to get the stock tube on easily

Iv already fitted a mosfet
        all wired with 16 awg
        And am on deans Already

So you rekon PTFE covered copper wire will be just as good as silver plated?

Thinking about it now its the PTFE covering that makes it thin? Am i right?

Cheers guys

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
        Absolute ripoff, 6 quid a metre for wire????? sounds like speaker cable sales talk to me.

Copper wire that has been well soldered will have no lower a resistance than silver plated wire, as the solder will alloy directly with the copper. If your trying to lower resistance then before fitting expensive and scientifically debatable wire consider the following:
        • Soldering wires to your motor
        • Fitting a mosfet
        • Fitting thicker wire (going up to 16awg from 18awg for example - ive been trying to locate some PTFE covered 16 or even 14awg wire but I cant find it anywhere in lengths less than 50m)
        • Fitting Dean's connectors
        sigpic

"The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."

Comment

Interesting site as to Awg to metric conversion!

http://www.canford.co.uk/technical/P...quivalents.pdf

On this basis of looking for
          PTFE wire on eBay i came up with this
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-19-0...80438009210%26

Any good? whats peoples reaction?
          sigpic

Comment

Looks good, saves you a fair bit of cash as well!

Comment

Iv bought some so hopefully will get the GB re wired next weekend!
              sigpic

Comment

Ive just bought some silicone 16awg, now tempted to just take the dive and buy some 14awg ptfe coated (15m of red+black for 20 quid) - i do enough gearbox work that I can sell it on in re-wires :P

Comment

Where you getting that from?

Like I said iv ordered some 16awg ptfe silver plated, I would have gone for 14 awg but couldn't find any!
                  sigpic

Comment

ebay, searched for the metric equivalent of 14awg and found some bigger reels

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trigger Find out more about Trigger
                    Working...
                    X