Moving trigger/assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving trigger/assembly

I'm looking to relocate my trigger on my new project and thought about using a MOSFET and a micro switch. The problem is it needs to be semi auto only which means the cutoff lever needs to work. Not sure how I'm going to do that when the trigger will be about 12" in front of the gearbox lol. It's going to be a dmr so only needs semi. Any ideas?

Re: Moving trigger/assembly

Only two ways you can do it really:
    - 1) linking bar or do what I plan to do with my SVU build - bike brake wire. That way you can still use the cutoff lever.
    - 2) Buy a smart mosfet with the capability to lock a rifle to semi only, such as an ASCU or a Raptor or wait for the Chimera.

I personally prefer solution 1, it's cheaper

Comment

I have an ASCU in my m4 dmr but it still uses the cutoff lever. So I don't actually need the cutoff lever for safe-semi-semi?

Comment

Yeah, I think the ASCU keeps the cut-off lever always on, using it for cycle detection - it counts the amount of times it's triggered for stuff like burst and semi only. So it uses it, but knows what a single shot is.

Comment

That's out the window anyway as its a v3 gearbox. Don't wanna run a rod really as the trigger pull will probably be crap. Sadly I think it's my only option

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

W0lf Find out more about W0lf
          Working...
          X