Star SA80 front rail fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star SA80 front rail fitting

Hi guys bought a rail for my star sa80 a few days ago and I'm having real trouble fitting it to the gun! The problem is that the gass block and screw are out of line with the holes on the ris, is there any hence anyone could help with the problem?

Re: Star SA80 front rail fitting

What sort of rail? A real one?

Comment

first youve got to cut the lugs o nthe body to side so they actually fit into the ris.....then i had t do alsorts of cutting and grinding to my ris to get it to fit on mate to be honest i couldnt even explain how i did it but i had to cut the top cover hinges on the ris to push the top cover back a few mm's its more faff than its worth

Comment

I think it's a replica pal

Comment

Veyr hard to tell you without knowing what replica. For a Star though the real thing would likely be a much easier fit.

Comment

ive got the real thing..and i can tell you now it dosent fit the star without alot of work ive also got the hornbill replics....same thing

Comment

Well I can sort of get it on, it's just not lined up correctly, and I'm not sure on the make of it!

Comment

ive a feeling you have the hornbill cause the amdbull wont fit on it because the design of the back are different does the ris fit onto the 2 lug on the rifle's body? it shouldnt because the star's are bigger and spaced further apart firstly theese need trimming down to fit into the back of the ris if they do fit already which i have heard some star's do..which is odd good going your a step ahead you should then be able to bolt the ris inplace but not close the top cover...hence why i had to cut down the hinges by a few mm to move the top cover back to fit behind the gasblock...

Comment

Yeah that sounds like it! It fits to the body but the alignments of the gas block and RIS don't match up for the screw to go through?!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Drunken Nord Find out more about Drunken Nord
                  Working...
                  X