Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Promtheus gear change and tune ( whay happens when wife goes out )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promtheus gear change and tune ( whay happens when wife goes out )

(Fully planned to keep me happy as wife said she was going out this weekend on the beer )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys

While still with a little flu i needed a project so i decided to tune my already tuned tm recoil m4.

To start im going to plug the FireWorks Ares Mosfet , No matter what i chuck at it the damn thing keeps working, Ive had many mosfets but this damn thing just doesnt want to be changed out. Fully Programmable 3 round burst / semi only / motor speed / burst speed etc etc . FANTASTIC ( i have nothing todo with Fireworks im just giving you my experience ) even though the builders name is ralph and is a bend over backwards guy to help your needs. sorry no links its not permitted...

M100 = 365-370 Fps M110 Estimated 400fps ( just purchased new m110 spring with other items )

To start whats inside

Electrics Firework cpu controlled mosfet fully programmable
    Wiring Ptfe Silver coated copper wire 600v ( good enough for anything under 18inches long )
    Motor Kanzen strong motor (changing to either Lonex A2 or Ultimate Inifinity U-30000)
    All Contacts deans and spades all gold plated and heat shrinked
    Run on 7.4 Lipo which is more then enough for my needs

Gearbox sector gear 6mm promethues sinter bushings
    Gearbox spur & Bevel Gear 8mm Kanzen 8mm ceramic bearings
    Gearbox Siegetek torque gears
    Gearbox Lonex Hard Cut off lever
    Gearbox Trigger plastic spring pin taken out and eplaced with a steel pin
    Gearbox Prometheus Cylinder head carved out a little for sorbo
    Gearbox MagicBox Teflon Cylinder
    Gearbox Shs/Hornbill/King Arms full steel tooth piston (replaced prometheus hard piston )
    Gearbox Custom Alloy Piston Head a fraction heavier them promy head.
    Gearbox Polished insides to get rid of all rough places
    Gearbox Trigger skimmed for 100% retuen point after semi / bolt stop
    Gearbox front cylinder mounts curved out to hyelp reduced case cracking
    Gearbox 70d Sorbo on cylinder head with protective cover
    Gearbox Piston and piston head dipped 3 times in an anaerobic permanent torque resistant compound (will lock any surface that may move will in use )
    Gearbox outside bearing/bushing skimmed to give space between case and reciever

Outside

Outside Rewired to front ( making it able to change spring in 30 secs if needed )
    Outside Magpull Front handgaurd cut down to let m203 reach inside and over barrel leaving no horrible gap but still showing lower part of hand gaurd
    Outside M203 fitting over barrel and under magpull gaurd with front barrel mount removed and drilled throught to attatch to silencer and outer barrel via grub screw
    Outside front sight removed and silencer drilled out to cover barrel and work as gas block/barrel handgaurd ring (can be pull back or foward as much as required with flash hider still on barrel.
    Outside Chromed steel stock ring
    Outside all trades highlighted white and red
    Outside magpull pts moe stock (now interchangeable)
    Outside Pistol grip Magpul (being changed for Psg type sniper grip)
    Outside new mag catch
    Outside new Selector switch
    Outside 4x Acog ( with doctor red dot but not shown in pic )

Barrel Inner barrel Pdi 6.01 About 500-540 (cant remember what i cut it to)
    Barrel Hopup lonex metal surround stock TM hopup adjust wheel
    Barrel Fire fly hopup bucking
    Barrel Fire fily hopup nub

I think everything else is stock ( not installed Heavey recoil kit )

I think thats it for this weekend ( thats what happend when wife goes out and im not invited :D )

Outside already designed and photo'd its now in bits installing internals.

Adding any photos i take while building

m4 pts.jpg101_0936.jpg101_0937.jpg101_0939.jpg101_0941.jpg101_0945.jpg101_0948.jpg101_0953.jpg101_0954.jpg
    Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Re: Promtheus gear change and tune ( whay happens when wife goes out )

And yes i know its over kill , but its too cold outside for my old bones so i have to make myself happy inside where its warm :D

But any suggestions will be taken on board as i love to tinker.
    And yes Aoe is correct within 0.05 distance from 1st tooth on sector gear and 3rd tooth on piston at a 12 oclock setting for engaugement

Comment

Its still in the building process these gears are so hard they still have coal on the outer teeth ( it feels)
      i thought i kept getting teeth catching on each other via shimming but its just the hardening process edges . once i rotated the gears by hand a few times with force and with some light lube its all gone good .

They look rough but damn they are well balanced they spin like crazy by hand.

so thumbs up siegetek

having a beer and taking my time so only just got shimming completed. will report when more work done and maybe a video when completed to show trigger response and rof etc . and most important how it sounds :D

Comment

Love it ,
        Thats a fierce setup, 27.2:1 is torquey vs the stock 18:1 sets! And the Kanzen Motor offers the same spec as SystemA's Magnum! Damn that would be good for high rate M170's! Are you sure you will need a different motor :P
        Thumbs up for choosing a quality selection of parts
        How was your Promy Hard piston?
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

Hi matey

Thanks for nice comment, Ive put the prometheus gears that were in it in my spare gun and it also needs a motor so im putting the kanzen in that since ive had it a while and thought i would buy a new one for a new build. and them lonex a2 motors are ment to be very good.

As for prometheus hard piston they are very good but due to hard recoil kit and stronger spring and torque set up it decided to strip the 3rd and 4th tooth and everywhere is out of stock so i didnt get another one i thought i would try the metal tooth one again and take my time setting it all up. and as its a dmr it should work fine and last for ages

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mirlock Find out more about mirlock
          Working...
          X